Any faring bar/ restaurant in Lipa Noi

I have heard Big Johns is or was good .... never been... might be worth a try and .... let us know!

There are a few medium to higher end resorts along that road, but probably pricey.... wink.png

Sorry Jimmy but that place is "over the hill" I know people who used to work there and it was good in its hey day ! However i am told that the boss died and the wife gambled her way into jail.............end of an era !

Edited by oldsailor35

I have heard Big Johns is or was good .... never been... might be worth a try and .... let us know!

There are a few medium to higher end resorts along that road, but probably pricey.... wink.png

Sorry Jimmy but that place is "over the hill" I know people who used to work there and it was good in its hey day ! However i am told that the boss died and the wife gambled her way into jail.............end of an era !

ah well scratch that off the list.... facepalm.gif I was not sure if still there or not .... the signs are still there... I think!

Not a lot of choice around there in the affordable price range....with Nikki beach and the other resorts along there, most never seem to be busy in low season... Five islands Restaurant is quite nice a bit further south! Thaling Ngam has a restaurant or two on the beach.... no idea what they are like as far a food goes ! It might be a case of OP headed to Nathon! whistling.gif

it means, don't long for destruction at places which are still not destructed, while not too far away everything is what you are longing for.

Anyway, do you know any bar restaurants over that way that might help the OP?smile.png

• Like 1

It's a quiet area and there are endless threads about e.g. noise pollution at other parts of Samui, which are also rather quiet areas. Why you want to stimulate to have that kind of commerce everywhere, is also beyond my understanding of an tropical island. My suggestion: Nathon

• Like 1

It's a quiet area and there are endless threads about e.g. noise pollution at other parts of Samui, which are also rather quiet areas. Why you want to stimulate to have that kind of commerce everywhere, is also beyond my understanding of an tropical island. My suggestion: Nathon

Not interested mate. The bloke wants a beer and its hot. do you know a decent boozer or not. If not, thanks for your time and see you latercoffee1.gif

• Like 2

ah well scratch that off the list.... facepalm.gif I was not sure if still there or not .... the signs are still there... I think!

Not a lot of choice around there in the affordable price range....with Nikki beach and the other resorts along there, most never seem to be busy in low season... Five islands Restaurant is quite nice a bit further south! Thaling Ngam has a restaurant or two on the beach.... no idea what they are like as far a food goes ! It might be a case of OP headed to Nathon! whistling.gif

Yes Jimmy, Big Johns is still there, i went to a beach BBQ there about 6 weeks ago with several ex employees and families, from its "hey day" There is a restaurant and bungalows, but not much to 'write home about'

Luckys or Max Murphys in Naton are the nearest I can think of.

HTH

Lucky's is a well run restaurant, Steve does a good job with the help of his Thai wife.

Murphy's is about the only bar around Naton. Never used it, but have heard good reports, not a 'girlie bar' though.

why some want to have pubs and bars everywhere, also at the remotest places, is rather incomprehensible

Your opinions not particularily helpful to the OP's question though is it!wink.png

Birdman is obviously what is known as a "Wowser" and thinks that everyone else should be likewise. sad.png

It's so simple: There are places with bars and places without and there should not be beer bars and pubs everywhere on every spot and if someone decides to stay in nature, that does not mean there should be bars as well to please that person..... but maybe I am the last romantic Mohican, who thinks like that on Samui and therefore I might be wrong

It's so simple: There are places with bars and places without and there should not be beer bars and pubs everywhere on every spot and if someone decides to stay in nature, that does not mean there should be bars as well to please that person..... but maybe I am the last romantic Mohican, who thinks like that on Samui and therefore I might be wrong

The op asked a simple question, that required a yes or no answer....... Dont think they thought they would get a response like that from some eco friendly hippy who, am guessing lives in the jungle in lipa noi!!!!!!rolleyes.gif btw, theres a nature bar in maenam....... guess what.......... yep, it has a bar....whistling.gif