Civil Partnership: Recognition of same-sex unions in Germany

Recognition of same-sex unions in Germany (copy in English enclosed)

On 1st August 2001 in Germany the law of establishing a same-sex "Civil Union" i.e. Registered Life Partnership (German name: Eingetragene Lebenspartnerschaft as per LPartG) with Civil Registry Offices was launched. In Germany this new law allows partners of same gender/sex:

1) To marry legally when they have an official registered residence and/or domicile in Germany.

2) To marry also partners of other nationalities (Non-German) when the non-German Person has an unlimited residence and settlement permit for Germany.

Question: When the same gender partners are for example German and Thai and they want to live together in Thailand:

1) Do the Thai laws and/or authorities legally approve/recognize this "German Same-Sex Civil Union" to be valid (like an official "marriage) in Thailand ?

2) If yes, how and where to get it registered in Thailand ?

3) Which legalized documents in which languages are requred ?

4) Where it will be registered, Amphoe Office ?

2001_08_01 Recognition of same-sex unions in Germany.pdf

A same sex marriage/civil partnership is not recognised by Thailand.

Note that in some countries hwere same sex marriages are recognised a Thai consulate will issue a non-O visa to the partner. But Oone can not get an extension based on marriage from Thai immigration.

Thanks for this info which confirms my knowledge. But there are some "know-it-all"-Farang-People living in Thailand who want to know this (and everything) better ... but this is nonsense. Regarding visa I have no problem: I am in possession of an annual retirement visa (no visa runs but 90 days announcements as usual). This visa is renewed without problems every year when showing sufficient Pension-income.