British Man found dead in South Pattaya Apartment

webfact

British Man found dead in South Pattaya Apartment

dead-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Tourist Police Officers were called to an apartment complex in South Pattaya on Thursday Morning following the discovery of a decomposing body of a room occupant.

Inside the room at the Baan Lek Apartments in Soi Sunee Plaza, was the body of Mr. John Kenneth Edwin Spencer aged 70 from Edinburgh, Scotland. He was lying on the floor next to the bed and it was estimated he had been dead for between 3 to 4 days.

The body was discovered by Khun Akarapon aged 31, who works at the complex, after residents complained of a foul odor coming from Mr. Spencer’s room. He was known to live alone and had been renting a room at the apartments since early April.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129871/british-man-found-dead-in-south-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-30

R.I.P

At least he died living the dream and not in some lonely UK shizhole.

Living a dream is some sleazy shizhole in Sunee Plaza, all alone and nobody knew for 3 days and then only because of the smell? You call that living the dream? Warped.

Exactly...perhaps a sad and lonely death...more so than with his family.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

R.I.P

Living a dream is some sleazy shizhole in Sunee Plaza, all alone and nobody knew for 3 days and then only because of the smell? You call that living the dream? Warped.

I look at it as, the end of the dream, nobody knows his life, how he spent his last years. Could have ended his life at home in a nursing home, with his family minutes away, not taking time to visit and having to cope with the life in a nursing home

• Like 2

R.I.P

I hope you are not referring to the beautiful city of Edinburgh when you describe "shizhole". I would go back there tomorrow if I could take my daughter with me from the estranged 'War Cabinet'. Despite the climate.

R.I.P

At 70 and compared to living in Scotland, (if he did) even Edinburgh; 'living the dream' is a bit strong but not that far out although I admit the sentiment could be seen as anti-Scottish. Considering the climate alone, I know where I'd rather be and, of course, he might of been absolutely loaded and shacked up in Sunee Plaza while looking for better accommodation having just sold his *uck-off mansion in Edinburgh. Now maybe I'm getting anti-Scottish. All we know is that he got his three score years and ten finishing it in a sleazy shizhole in Sunee Plaza and that he came from Scotland which is currently in the UK.

R.I.P

I don't live in Pattaya, and I am only 51 and in somewhat-decent health, but I've often thought that if I died in my sleep no one would know for days.........surely the same or more than this guy. I have lots of friends but they don't babysit me and sometimes I go 3 or 4 days or even a week before I cross paths with anyone I know really well. Plus where I live there is no maid service, and I have no GF or wife, so who would find me? It would take many days before the smell got bad enough for the few neighbors on the 6th floor to notify reception.

I'd like to think the guys whom I do Quiz Night with every Monday night would say "Hey, where is Deaw?" and send over a search party, but by then I would be as ripe as this poor old man. R.I.P.

• Like 1

Everyone has a different perspective on what the "dream" actually is. One man's meat, and all that . . . However, it is extremely likely that the deceased gentleman was living in Pattaya through personal choice, in preference to whatever he had left behind. And the fact that he was living in less than salubrious accommodation does not necessarily speak to his financial condition, either. One can sleep just as soundly in a down-trodden room as in a luxurious apartment, if the conscience is clear. If his alternative to being where he was, was truly a "care home" for the elderly in the United Kingdom, I would say "no contest"!

• Like 1

R.I.P

I don't live in Pattaya, and I am only 51 and in somewhat-decent health, but I've often thought that if I died in my sleep no one would know for days.........surely the same or more than this guy. I have lots of friends but they don't babysit me and sometimes I go 3 or 4 days or even a week before I cross paths with anyone I know really well. Plus where I live there is no maid service, and I have no GF or wife, so who would find me? It would take many days before the smell got bad enough for the few neighbors on the 6th floor to notify reception.

I'd like to think the guys whom I do Quiz Night with every Monday night would say "Hey, where is Deaw?" and send over a search party, but by then I would be as ripe as this poor old man. R.I.P.

Well you know what they say Deaw, if your good at quizzes you tend to have no common sense!!! Get yourself some Harpic haze buddy.

R.I.P

Well you know what they say Deaw, if your good at quizzes you tend to have no common sense!!! Get yourself some Harpic haze buddy.

Who says if you are good at quizzes you tend to have no common sense? Utter rubbish and a generalisation, typical of many of the persons that post on Thai visa.

• Like 1

Who says if you are good at quizzes you tend to have no common sense? Utter rubbish and a generalisation, typical of many of the persons that post on Thai visa.

Some people feel sorry for losers like him who sit back and just wait to pounce on some post they don't like on Thai Visa, because their lives are so empty and pointless otherwise. But I don't feel bad for them at all, I think they are pathetic and yes, they are legend on this website.

A truly sad lot with no lives outside being angry keyboard warriors.

• Like 1

RIP. there are worse places to die, despite opinion of Pattaya haters.

Name one and then a dozen better places And I bet you can..

Syria. Pakistan. There's two. Of course there are better places, but I wasn't suggesting better places. Limited income, limited choices.

The guy who says *I* have no common sense doesn't even know the difference between "your" and "you're", classic!!

Why are you so angry at the world, little man?

Hey DAEW, sorry to hear you might be dying all alone but no worries,

there is always a silver lining on the horizon.

At least you don't have to smell yourself when they find you. giggle.gif

RIP John Spencer

As much as I dislike Pattaya, if living there made him happy, who cares? A much better place to kick the bucket than some awful nursing home or drab estate back in Scotland. It may not be my cup of tea but I know I'd rather die there than back in the UK. Each to their own.

R.I.P

Perhaps indeed. It sounds as though he collapsed, so perhaps it was a quick death following a delightful day doing things he could only have dreamed of doing back in some gang ridden urban ghetto in UK (since we're busy perhaps-ing stuff I can invent things too) and he obviously chose to put distance between himself and his family.

The romantic notion that someone who dies alone must be sad and lonely is nonsense. Not everyone wants to spend his life or his death surrounded by a bunch of clowns with whom he shares some DNA. Many quite normal, rational, intelligent people prefer to spend much of their time alone or in the company of a select but limited number of people. I certainly have no desire to provide entertainment to a cabal of parasitical groupies in attendance at my death bed. In Thailand at least you are allowed your independence whereas in the west you'd probably be forced into a warehouse of the dying by your loving family.

Look at the fun all these people in their golden years are having back in farang land surrounded by other elderly jet setters and visited for 10 minutes every month or three by their loving families. Sunnee Plaza is looking better by the minute.

nursing_homes2.jpg."Anyone for shuffleboard?"

Spot on, Well said mate. clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1