'Kalamare' resigns from popular talk show after making breastfeeding jokes

webfact

'Kalamare' resigns from popular talk show after making breastfeeding jokes
By Coconuts Bangkok

womentowomen.jpg?itok=nQpMSKGCp
The hosts of Puying Teung Puying. From the right: Kalamare, Nina, Kai, Pui/ Photo: Todayza

BANGKOK: -- One of the most recognized group of female TV hosts is breaking up.

Television host Patcharasri “Kalamare” Benjamas announced via Instagram yesterday she will leave the famous morning talk show Puying Teung Puying (Women to Women) after being criticized for comments she made regarding breastfeeding.

After nine years hosting the Channel 3 program with three other co-hosts, Kalamare says she is getting her own show, which will air Mondays on the same channel, right after Puying Teung Puying.

While Kalamare jumps to the next step in her career, her exit from the last might not be starting on the right foot.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/30/kalamare-resigns-popular-talk-show-after-making-breastfeeding-jokes

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-30

"as many feel breastfeeding is important for infant health and a beautiful natural process."

I agree I could watch and talk about women breasts for hours.

Seriously I just can't see a problem with women talking seriously or joking about their bodies as a problem

I can't either if they state it like a personal joke BUT if they state it like it's bad to do then it's bad taste.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pointless shows. They bear no relation to the populace in general, they discuss topics few 'ordinary' Thais could relate to, plus it bugs me risgid when they all talk at the same time and just spout "kaaaaaa" "kaaaaa" ad nauseum when they could at least have a good row and a cat fight.

Much like Thai Lakorn which represents about 10% of the population yet it's popularity is beyond me,at least East Enders and Coronation Street have some resemblance to its viewers.

• Like 2

Pointless shows. They bear no relation to the populace in general, they discuss topics few 'ordinary' Thais could relate to, plus it bugs me risgid when they all talk at the same time and just spout "kaaaaaa" "kaaaaa" ad nauseum when they could at least have a good row and a cat fight.

Agree.

Also it's annoying in Thai football commentary. "Rooney to Gerrard kraaaaap, Gerrard to Sturridge kraaaap. Good pass kraaaap."

Just stop saying Krap or Kaa every sentence, very irritating. And no, I'm not a Thai basher, or dislike the words, just annoying on TV.

Much like Thai Lakorn which represents about 10% of the population yet it's popularity is beyond me,at least East Enders and Coronation Street have some resemblance to its viewers.

Was speaking to an ex Lakorn actor earlier, who said he couldn't understand why anyone would watch such rubbish.

And not only the khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but the wannabe-hiso way they stretch it and bob their heads. Every time I'm unfortunate to catch a glimpse of the shows, I have to listen to death metal for 8h straight to alleviate the trauma.

• Like 2

This is an accurate reflection of how many "modern" Thai women think. Who would want to have as the mother of their child a woman who was too vain to provide a newborn with the care and nutrition it needs for normal development. No wonder so many "modern" Thai families have children with low IQs. Clueless mothers!

• Like 1

Is she Yellow or Red?

Just curious.

She's a redhead, the one on the left in the OP pic. Though I suspect it came from the bottle. Yellow would indicate liver malfunction.

EDIT: Blood h**l, the one on the right. Who cares biggrin.png

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

A feeding breast Joke Common People Who cars I see woman wip it out all the time here in Thailand to feed the Tike Who cars Its normal

Can you joke about a fart and not offend anyone So why not something pretty like breast feeding Why hide it

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A feeding breast Joke Common People Who cars I see woman wip it out all the time here in Thailand to feed the Tike Who cars Its normal

Can you joke about a fart and not offend anyone So why not something pretty like breast feeding Why hide it

Belch...and say "excuse me"...fart...and laugh about it...unless you are in mixed company...then you quietly point to the guy next to you...biggrin.png