Tg Transfer Pattaya

dick turpin

Anyone know if thai airways still run a minibus transfer

between don juan and pattaya. Arriving early morning

next week and remember a few years ago when I last

arrived at that time that Tg was operating such a service.

No doubt it has since been cut because it was proving too

popular and successful.

I/m fairly sure they dont.................reason being i wanted to do the Pattaya-Don Muang run with them a few months ago and had no joy in locating the office or service in Pattaya.

I ended up using Bell Travel who have an office at the back of the bus terminal on North Road...........its 250 baht (coach not minibus) direct to the airport and they do the run 4 times daily, starting at 6.30am. I know they do the reverse run but ive never used it and do not know where the office is located at DM unfortunately.

Edit.....just found this link that may help if you want to give Bell Travel a call....

http://sunsite.au.ac.th/ThaiInfo/TourismIn...ttaya/howto.htm

Edited by thaiflyer1

Anyone know if thai airways still run a minibus transfer

between don juan and pattaya. Arriving early morning

next week and remember a few years ago when I last

arrived at that time that Tg was operating such a service.

No doubt it has since been cut because it was proving too

popular and successful.

I think it's stopped...it can be difficult to get a minibus to Pattaya now before about 9.00am. The taxis are about 1500 to 1800, (including tolls???) - but unless you hang around they may be the only alternative.....you could always look out for someone on the plane who would share a taxi with you.....i've done that a couple of times. try not to make the arrangement in front of the taxi driver, it Pi**es them off sommut rotten!

I've never caught the big buses though...

Big busses are hardly worth it. I heard some stop outside Don Muang on the highway but I think they are very difficult to catch for the average farang.

Taking a taxi to Ekemai and a bus from there to Pattaya and a bahtbus in Pattaya to your final destination is going to cost almost the same as a taxi directly from Don Muang to Pattaya and takes a lot longer and incur a lot more aggro.

Best way is to find a stable regular driver and book him to meet you when you arrive. The trip Bangkok-Pattaya is unlikely to cost more than what you paid for a taxi to get to the airport in your departure country.

Edited by madsere

Big busses are hardly worth it. I heard some stop outside Don Muang on the highway but I think they are very difficult to catch for the average farang.

Taking a taxi to Ekemai and a bus from there to Pattaya and a bahtbus in Pattaya to your final destination is going to cost almost the same as a taxi directly from Don Muang to Pattaya and takes a lot longer and incur a lot more aggro.

There is a slight saving to be had by going to Ekamai although i would recommend Morchit as the better option ive done both and the traffic can be heavy when trying to cross over to Ekamai..............anyway cost 300 baht taxi DM to Ekamai/Morchit....100 baht bus to Patters and say 150 max for baht bus at Patters end.

Above way puts about 60-90 mins onto your journey time.

Should point out ive only done the Ekamai/Morchit bus run when coming back from Singapore with only a personnal bag.............i wouldn/t fancy doing it with a suitcase and small bag, too much chew on.

I would still give Bell Travel a call they pull up right outside the terminal building going to DM and i assume they pick at arrivals on the inward run..............at the end of the day it just depends on how lucky you are with your arrival time and the bus leaving

There is a slight saving to be had by going to Ekamai although i would recommend Morchit as the better option ive done both and the traffic can be heavy when trying to cross over to Ekamai..............anyway cost 300 baht taxi DM to Ekamai/Morchit....100 baht bus to Patters and say 150 max for baht bus at Patters end.

Above way puts about 60-90 mins onto your journey time.

Should point out ive only done the Ekamai/Morchit bus run when coming back from Singapore with only a personnal bag.............i wouldn/t fancy doing it with a suitcase and small bag, too much chew on.

I would still give Bell Travel a call they pull up right outside the terminal building going to DM and i assume they pick at arrivals on the inward run..............at the end of the day it just depends on how lucky you are with your arrival time and the bus leaving

Paying slightly too much. 120B for a taxi from DM to Morchit, the same again for the bus and then 20B for the baht bus in Patts (non-chartered I should add).

The journey from Morchit isn't too bad, I've done it a few times but much prefer jumping a taxi at DM and paying another 700B for the comfort and convenience.

JJ