Thailand voted the most desirable place to visit

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand will rejoice over ANY poll that shows them in a "good light".

Very true ! We all know the Thai mentality ....that they only see what they want to see,,,,,,,,,,,no media suppression here!!! Bad things never happen, the police are marvellous, there is no corruption, no ripping off tourists, no farang suicides, no bar girls, no hiv, no road accidents, heaven on earth .......................................

The low number of tourist arriving in Thailand show other results. Big hotels nearly empty, the Thai Hotel Association is complaining. Normal, who wants to spend his holiday in a country with military dictatorship. I cancelled my plans and I go to the Philippines, Vietnam and Laos instead. Friendly people, no hassles.

• Like 1

BpQgIyjCcAAEMx_.jpg

@iPrahin This morning's TG flight from #HongKong. About 14% capacity. #thaicoup

From polls to reality, it's a highway to hell...

wow, never seen anything like this. Cheap tickets now then?

• Like 1

The title is misleading ala TAT style?

Thailand has its charms no doubt but all these polls are at best starting points rather then reference material.

Depends on each individuals definition of desirable so for me I try to do my homework before planning a vacation.

Some people like Singapore and Japan. I find them a bit sterile and boring though I get a real laugh watching the look on tourists faces as the Shinkasen bullet trains whip past your stop at +200km.

America is family friendly and great for cross country road trips but the glamour of major cities like LA and New York are a bit overated.

Europe is as romantic as can be and who cannot be in awe of those scenic crystal blue rivers and snow-covered mountain back drops but to some its just alot of old buildings, expensive bland food and rude waiters.

Each to his own.

................"The poll from the Travelzoo sub-group of members with learning difficulties,over 60 with unusually high sex drives will be repeated next year when organizers decide how to round down the competition from two choices of 'Maritime SE Asia and Mainland SE Asia to one, without arousing undue suspicion."

• Like 2

TAT, you are back to business.

A good result for Thailand and also a credible one.

With the present climate, I can see tourism flourishing again, for the good of Thai economy.

Since when there are future tellers on THAI VISA:..??

I read in the coffe grounds that the voting was last year in summer... :-)

• Like 1

Over 27 million subscribers of the website worldwide were polled (National News Bureau Of Thailand)

erm.... not quite

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said Travelzoo polled more than 3.7 million UK subscribers (Thai PBS)\

getting closer.... but still just a slight exaggeration..

Travelzoo Destinations survey, March, 2014. Results based on answers from 2065 UK Travelzoo subscribers.

(source: Travelzoo website: http://press.travelzoo.com/travelzoo-uk-unveils-top-bucket-list-destinations-and-landmarks/ )

Ok. So the BS correction factor for any figures coming from NNBOT is 2065/27000000 = 0.0000765 and for TAT 2065/3700000 = 0.000558. Good to know.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

While there is a need on a ban on internet content, sounds as though some official has been searching all over net for a feel good story. Just visited the site of travelzoo and couldn't see link to articlde on home page for Oz or GB?

Bums on seats is the best guide, and current travellers are down.

Never heard of travelzoo until now.

Sounds as though spin doctors are try to say, and we are doing a good job. What they really need to be doing is saying the infulstructure projects put on hold are getting started.

Other than that, this report can be filed in the big silver container in the corner.

................"The poll from the Travelzoo sub-group of members with learning difficulties,over 60 with unusually high sex drives will be repeated next year when organizers decide how to round down the competition from two choices of 'Maritime SE Asia and Mainland SE Asia to one, without arousing undue suspicion."

Good thought Jim. Made me laughcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Denial is not a river in Egypt Department...

Every country is entitled to its myths and delusions, I suppose, but any other country which had been exposed to the past two weeks of extremely negative mainstream international media coverage would

find its tourism industry in deep trouble. Thais can ramble on all they want about " Thainess " and

" their internal affairs", but all that is irrelevant to the tourist who wants a trouble free vacation. If the

average risk-averse tourist sees a potential problem, he or she will go elsewhere - and there are

a lot of other places in the world to go to. In this region, Bali, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia

all have attractions, though I must confess to a soft spot for Timor Leste! :)

All this bucket list survey shows is that there is a reservoir of good will for LOS, but, as anyone in fhe

tourism business knows, that reservoir can run dry in a hurry...

It was of course before the coup and junta. And before martial law and curfew. And before 70 countries recommended their citizens NOT to go to Thailand

south east asia only ...... nothing to be proud of ..... if you compare with other countries around .!

A good deal to be proud of unless you do not like Asians. For that matter how much time have you spent in other Southeast Asian countries or any place else? :whistling:

TAT, you are back to business.

A good result for Thailand and also a credible one.

With the present climate, I can see tourism flourishing again, for the good of Thai economy.

don't you for one minute believew it! the fix was in! how can thailand be numberf one with all the demonstrations, violence and corfruption for the past year! people march with their feet. if it is number one, why are the thai's constantly complaining about hotels being half empty, and no tourist shopping!

For those of you who want the choice list

Maritime Southeast Asia, comprising Philippines, Malaysia, East Timor, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore.

Mainland Southeast Asia, also known as Indochina, comprising Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, and Vietnam.

I'm thinking best of a bad bunch, not much appeal to western foreigners in that little grouping.

It doesn't matter Thailand is perfect for holiday and good for living too it is the 3 world but with the 1 world infrastructure it gets all perfect with the new railway it doesn't get much better than this I lived here 10 years and it's a bless

For those of you who want the choice list

Maritime Southeast Asia, comprising Philippines, Malaysia, East Timor, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore.

Mainland Southeast Asia, also known as Indochina, comprising Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, and Vietnam.

I'm thinking best of a bad bunch, not much appeal to western foreigners in that little grouping.

Best place to visit for cheap poon tang.

Cheap skirt in Thailand? I say ol' boy, really?

Everything is good about Thailand until you pull the carpet up to see what's crawling underneath it.

Yeah. Like an expat community that is infected with a bunch of wretched and malignant creatures.

Rather harsh comment. What happened? Did your ladyboy missus beat you with a stick this morning?

• Like 2