Asus Nexus 7 (2013)

Okay I have done some research and for the money (just under ฿9,000) from Lazada, this seems to be the best tab for the money. It will be used mostly by my wife so she can read her Thai newspapers and watch you tube. Has anyone have one of these and if so would you recommend it or a similar device? Also has anyone used lazada and are they okay. Thanks.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nexus 7 has a good specification and many happy users.

But the Nexus 7 shown at Lazada is not a stock item even if it is ordered through them . They call it “available from Seller”. You can find out more details from the Lazada web sight. Looking at what other products this company sell through Lazada and what they claim is “normal retail price” it leaves question marks to me.

I have used Lazada many times and been very happy with their services in all aspects – but only ordered “stock items”, among them Nexus 10.

You can get from Thaiexcite with 9490B for 16Gb Nexus 7 (2013). For me, I bought last 8 months ago at Panthip plaza 2nd floor with 8,800B for 2013 version 16Gb. I must say cheap because it was a very fresh model at that time. At second floor, there are some Nepalese or Indian-look sellers. They do not display some items so you need to ask them and negotiate the price.

But the Nexus 7 shown at Lazada is not a stock item even if it is ordered through them . They call it “available from Seller”. You can find out more details from the Lazada web sight. Looking at what other products this company sell through Lazada and what they claim is “normal retail price” it leaves question marks to me.

I have used Lazada many times and been very happy with their services in all aspects – but only ordered “stock items”, among them Nexus 10.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how you tell the item is available from seller or a stocked item. For the Nexus 7 it says in stock there is nothing mentioned about being available from seller.

I have the first generation Nexus 7, and I am seriously lusting after the 2013 version.

I just can't justify the upgrade in my mind yet and pull the trigger because my current tablet is just so good. Never missed a beat in over two years.

It would be like throwing away a perfectly good and reliable girlfriend. I don't have the heart to trade her in for a younger and hotter supermodel. Not yet, anyway. But ohhh so tempting.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

But the Nexus 7 shown at Lazada is not a stock item even if it is ordered through them . They call it available from Seller. You can find out more details from the Lazada web sight. Looking at what other products this company sell through Lazada and what they claim is normal retail price it leaves question marks to me.

I have used Lazada many times and been very happy with their services in all aspects but only ordered stock items, among them Nexus 10.

I had to look at Lazada- see if this price is for real- seemed too cheap to me. It might have convinced me to go with the upgrade sooner than later.

As in the post above, these say "available from seeler, and they also say "IMPORTED".

These would be "gray market"... no Thai warranty. They just might also be knockoffs.

You can see further down the page at the Thai market version. 12,390 THB.

If I am going to throw the girlfriend over, I want another Thai and not a Filipina or Chinese.

Interested on when you got the Nexus 10 from Lazada. I searched high and low for one in Thailand about a year ago, including Lazada, with no success. Just checked again now and no Nexus 10 that I could find?

I have both the 2012 and 2013 Google/Asus Nexus 7, (32gb) both purchased via ebay from America. I don't see much difference between them, aside from the later model having a rear facing camera. They are both fantastic, and I have yet to test the full capability. It seems, though that the whole thing is based upon having a Google account. Don't know how this would work out for a Thai user.

I am in the market for a tablet so was reading this chain. I do have a google account but use yahoo for my email. Could you clarify what you mean by the whole thing depending on a google account?

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how you tell the item is available from seller or a stocked item. For the Nexus 7 it says in stock there is nothing mentioned about being available from seller.

Couldn't find a Nexus 7 (google) anywhere and after reading several reviews it looked like the best one to get. I ended up getting the ASUS as they make it for google, so same same. Great tab so far. Purchased in Powerbuy Central for under 7k Baht

I am in the market for a tablet so was reading this chain. I do have a google account but use yahoo for my email. Could you clarify what you mean by the whole thing depending on a google account?

This may not apply to the Nexus 7 models sold here in Thailand, but the ones I bought in America are totally based around Google and its products. When the tablet first boots it says "Google", then in the initial setup it required that I open a "Google account". That was easy, as I already use gmail. All that was needed was a credit card number, to use when and if one wishes to buy apps at the built-in "Google Store". There are a lot of free apps that are great, but some are cluttered with ads. Most of the paid apps are less than 200 baht.

One can use any browser that has an android version. I don't use IE, so don't know if that one works, but have onboard Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I'm sure yahoo mail would work through any of those gateways.

The models sold in Thailand are probably configured differently. They may not be so directly tied into Google. I have only seen one shop in CM that carried the Nexus 7. They don't seem very common or popular here. I see the Galaxy Tab models all over the place, and of course the Apple line of tablets.

I Bought the version 2012 which has 3g sim support 32gb for only 6000 baht and i can only say terrific pad device !!! Only downside it only has a frontend camera. But for the rest perfect !!!

Where did you get it for that price?

I Bought the version 2012 which has 3g sim support 32gb for only 6000 baht and i can only say terrific pad device !!! Only downside it only has a frontend camera. But for the rest perfect !!!

I have a 2012 wi-fi only model. Great tablet but if you intend to use it while travelling, you will need the 3g supported version. I ended up having to use my phone as a wireless access point which was a bit of a pain.

I have both the 2012 and 2013 Google/Asus Nexus 7, (32gb) both purchased via ebay from America. I don't see much difference between them, aside from the later model having a rear facing camera. They are both fantastic, and I have yet to test the full capability. It seems, though that the whole thing is based upon having a Google account. Don't know how this would work out for a Thai user.

Open a google account in Thai , no problem ,

I have the first gen Nexus 7 , not going to upgrade to the lastest spec , no need , good little unit , no problems with it at all .

Okay I'm very confused now. First I wanted to buy the Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB wi-fi from Lazada @ ฿8,944, but then was told to beware some of these are by private sale, but I have no idea how I determine that. Then I saw the Google Nexus 7 (2nd) 16GB for ฿7,915 also at Lazada, ฿1,000 cheaper, are these not the same machine? It says in stock, but how can I be sure they aren't from a private seller. I really want this machine, but boy am I confused. Also does anyone know of a shop in Kalasin, Mukdahan, or Roi-et that might have one? Thanks.

Edited by Issangeorge

Same, same.

Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7.2., Nexus 7 2nd Gen

Says it's fulfilled by GadgetGear

http://www.lazada.co.th/imported-google-nexus-7-2nd-16gb-black-207294.html

http://www.lazada.co.th/gadgetgear/

Also says, "Imported", so not sure if Asus/Thailand would provide warranty replacement/service, etc?

I assume that you understand that this variant is WiFi only?

Edited by lomatopo

Yes thank-you, it will be used by wife around the house where I have Wi-Fi, if I don't have Wi-Fi for some reason I will just connect through my phone. I don't want the hassle and expense of two data plans.

I got my NEXUS 7 2013 32GB in Japan 2 weeks ago for just under10,000THB with immediate update to Kitekat. Best IT buy I'have had for years! Screen is as clear as iPad (which is supposed to be the reference), you get Android sleek & clean without the usual bloated "extra couche" from SAMSUNG (which I was using before) etc and with Android file transfer installed on my iMac I can move files smoothly between tablet and desktop and vice versa.

Great device indeed...not sure what the price is here nor if specs are 100% identical though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have been today at MBK and I could not find the Nexus-7 2013 WiFi + LTE 32 GB. I asked at many shops, and one of the sellers assured me that it was not in stock at any shop on MBK (they all go to ask somewhere else and they come back after few minutes).

Lazada doesn't have the LTE model. Anyone know where can I find it? Perhaps at Pantip Plaza?

ps:

I also found this deal for 10,600 THB but they say that it is not in stock anymore.

http://www.platinumpda.com/product.detail_730891_th_5726843

Edited by MGP

• 2 weeks later...

Frank James, which browser do you like best?

Sorry I took so long to respond. Haven't been back to this thread lately. I prefer Firefox, mostly because I've used it for years on every computer I've had.

Not happy with my 2013 Nexus 7. It often fails to charge, or charges only partially. The audio on it is also poor, even when I use a booster app. Now it fails to recognise my home wifi, yet is ok with my work wifi. Painful.

Hey folks, looking into getting this gadget, wondering about the cases for them.

Can you get a case for them in Thailand??? Will ASUS case fit?

I really don't want to get one from google (I'm ordering a tablet from them) as they're usually overpriced and not as good as some aftermarket stuff.

Hey folks, looking into getting this gadget, wondering about the cases for them.

Can you get a case for them in Thailand??? Will ASUS case fit?

I really don't want to get one from google (I'm ordering a tablet from them) as they're usually overpriced and not as good as some aftermarket stuff.

OK, found some cheap cases on eBay and ordered one.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nexus 7 is the best tablet I've used bar none. It is much better than the Samsung Note 8, which I palmed off on my Mrs as soon as I got the Nexus 7. Exceptional value for money and excellent performance. You'll love it

I'm or was in the same quandry and was dead set on the Nexus 7 but having looked at some Note 8 reviews I think I would really appreciate the 8" screen. Do you mind telling me what you didn't like about the Note 8.

How do you find the responsiveness of either device?

Thanks for your time :)