Thai doctor warns betting on World Cup matches may lead to gambling addiction

webfact

Wow! Once again I'm baffled about the sharpness and wisdom of yet another so-called "academic".

Betting may lead to gambling addiction.

Smoking may lead to nicotine addiction.

Shooting up may lead to heroin addiction.

Drinking may lead to alcohol addiction.

Swimming as a non-swimmer may lead to drowning.

Drunk driving may lead to accidents.

Thailand, the hub of pointing out the obvious.

Breathing air may lead to getting high on life addiction....cant have that!

I predict an increase of people seen consulting tree's,large fungi's ,fruit's with an unusual shape,or gazing intentley at the clouds,to get the score before placing their wager.

Don't forget Paul the octopus...he was my hero!

• Like 2

wouldn't worry to much, how long will Thailand last in the world cup? It's a knock out comp isn't it, you loose and your out.

Yes because Thailand is the only country you can bet on in the world cup.

It is as always a group tournament with 8 groups and 4 teams in each, and Thailand does NOT partake in this World Cup.

An interesting hypothesis to be sure. I suppose those that drink alcohol during the games may run the risk of becoming alcoholics; those that over consume snacks while viewing may become compulsive eaters; those that jump up and down, yelling and such, risk chronic hypertension, etc.

• Like 1

These doctors don't know what they're talking about. There is no gambling in Thailand, it's illegal...... I remember a Thai politician (I think it was the deputy PM but it was a while ago now and my memory is not what it was!) be interviewed by a television presenter. This chap asked about the problems of prostitution in Thailand. The Thai government person said that there is no prostitution in Thailand which led to a few "what about the bar girls" and "are you kidding" type of questions. Then the Government finished by saying there is no prostitution in Thailand, it's illegal. He wasn't even joking, he was serious!!!

maybe the coup leader can ... euh ... close access to world cup TV ... problem solved ?

I prefer to leave politics out of, which appears to be, a non-political posting. Best all the way around for me.
  • Like 1

Boring game.....who would want to gamble on socker.???

IT'S FOOTBALL. USA please make up your own dictionary , Leave ours alone tonite==Tonight favor=favour, gimme 5 gimme 10 man ya know what I mean.

American soccer is like watching paint dry--also baseball--each to his own though.

• Like 1

Or rounders.

One of the most stupid games though is womens netball, hilarious, how can they miss when a shooter is in front of the basket with no hindrance ???cheesy.gif

wouldn't worry to much, how long will Thailand last in the world cup? It's a knock out comp isn't it, you loose and your out.

Yes because Thailand is the only country you can bet on in the world cup.

Errr. except they aren't in it - but I suppose that was the point of the post. A certain losing bet..biggrin.png

I remember the Olympics on TV here with hours of badminton and volley ball. The Thai's are good at that though. Fair dues.

I predict an increase of people seen consulting tree's,large fungi's ,fruit's with an unusual shape,or gazing intentley at the clouds,to get the score before placing their wager.

Don't forget Paul the octopus...he was my hero!

Yes,i wonder if he will again be rolled out to make his watery but suprisingly good tip's,maybe he has risen in the world and is now a pundit on some country's coverage team,after all he could probably articulate his views better than someone like Alan shearer.

It's not boring - would you want to make it like that ridiculous Yank game where the score is always something like 117-118? They should really make it less easy by raising the hoop or making the ball bigger.

• Like 1