Sharing my latest extension of stay experience

kfjanet

I thought the same Glegolo. The original OP posted a positive experience, and it was refreshing to read. There's so many more positives to staying\living here in Thai than there are negatives despite international media reports from people who don't stay or live here...and from those who'd never be happy no matter where they resided.

Sent from my i-note WiFi 1.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

nice post my 1 year extension non o was 4.30 hours at phibun in ubonratchathani..and i was 2nd in line at 8.30 a.m.year before 6.30 hours..i have now resorted to bringing a book with me.as i dont read the thai newspapers here..in the end its just a bit of hassle for the right to live here..no problem..wai2.gif

"I have a non-O visa"

If this is your latest extension of stay experience,you have/had an extension of stay, not a visa. A non-O visa dies after it is used.

"Officer was very friendly (not sure if this last throughout the day)"

Nice that everything went smoothly and quickly. Too bad you couldn't just say the officer was very friendly. Was the add-on speculative comment really needed? I'm always impressed at how patient and friendly the officers are all day long even when they have to deal with people who are never satisfied.

The threadstarter clearly states that he has a VISA Non immigrant O (spouse/family)!!!!!!!!!!! He is clearly stating that his VISA is expiring 10th june,,, and because of that he goes to the Immigration and apply for an extension of stay based on marriage....

Why all this negative writing, and than you accuse the OP for being negative..... I dont understand some people really!!

Glegolo

I thing some people should be careful buying to small shoes ......555

This new member posted some positive news for everyone and should be NOT treated in harsh way for it.

Thailand gave us chance to live differently to our angry past and this Website is our meeting place to help each other.

I completely agree with Glegolo.

Gigman

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"I have a non-O visa"

If this is your latest extension of stay experience,you have/had an extension of stay, not a visa. A non-O visa dies after it is used.

Nice that everything went smoothly and quickly. Too bad you couldn't just say the officer was very friendly. Was the add-on speculative comment really needed? I'm always impressed at how patient and friendly the officers are all day long even when they have to deal with people who are never satisfied.

The threadstarter clearly states that he has a VISA Non immigrant O (spouse/family)!!!!!!!!!!! He is clearly stating that his VISA is expiring 10th june,,, and because of that he goes to the Immigration and apply for an extension of stay based on marriage....

Why all this negative writing, and than you accuse the OP for being negative..... I dont understand some people really!!

Glegolo

Hey....that's just how some humans are.....they sit around with their boring lives just waiting to pounce on anyone unsuspecting, so that they can feel as if they contributed something to their own miserable life. A slitting of ones throat is the remedy for such dispositions.

"I have a non-O visa"

Glegolo

You'll get used to it Glegolo, that's all Suradit69 does, they think they are a spokesperson/defender of everything Thai

Exactly, "help each other" ... does not matter what you post. Some unhappy, miserable individual will always find something negative or antagonistic from what I have experienced in a short time with this forum. Very sad.

Just did mine in Chiang Mai and even though I had 3 different procedures to take care of, still only about 3 hours total. But you must arrive early for queue # for marriage extension if you don't get the appt. online 100 days ahead.

Hey guys the best thing to do is just ignore negative posts from the regular trolls and the "grumpy old Men" on Thai Visa - if, as I have done is the past, you try and defend yourself or a poster who you feel has been wronged - it simple starts a mini whirlwind of rage posts that are completely off track.

To the original poster - great to hear that it was no hassle - there has been some concern among some that the new regimes attitudes (what ever they might eventually be - other than trying to rescue the people from themselves) might filter down to the immigration office - It did for a while back in 2006 at some offices. Nice to know that what we are dealing with is increasingly looking like just another coup "Thai Style". Reminds me of the joke - Do you know what a "bloodless coup" is?

An Anaemic cow from Scotland!!!

• Like 1