TOSHIBA / motherboard replacement / Bangkok

djayz

I need to have the motherboard of my TOSHIBA replaced. I bought the laptop about 3 years ago at IT Pantip Plaza in BKK.

Can anybody recommend a good and reliable TOSHIBA repair shop in BKK? Preferably near a BTS station as I'm not familiar with BKK.

About how long does it usually take to replace a motherboard?

Thanking you in advance for any recommendations you may have.

Hmm Panthip plaza as I have said before is Dodgy, your motherboard should not have to be replaced after only 3 year, did you spill liquid on it?

I would recommend buying a new updated Laptop instead of paying the high price of changing the main component of your 3 year old laptop.

Which model of your Toshiba laptop do you have? Was it super expensive?

If not I would recommend buying a newer updated Laptop.

Edited by Display

I'd go to Pantip Plaza again, personally. There are so many repair shops there and I reckon their overheads are a lot less than some full-scale shop near a BTS, so you're likely to get a cheaper price.

I'd go to Pantip Plaza again, personally. There are so many repair shops there and I reckon their overheads are a lot less than some full-scale shop near a BTS, so you're likely to get a cheaper price.

I plan on going back there this week, but I want to go to a good and reliable place. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

@djays

Can you specifically mention which model are you using , i personally am a toshiba fan and hav been using them for as long as i can remember.

It is very strange when you say that the motherboard needs to be replaced. The only thing i replaced on my oldest toshiba were the LCD hinges (a small steel bracket which eventually gave up on continuous use). Bought another 3 toshiba's for my office and never had a problem with anything.

Though , i purchased the brackets myself via a small vendor for 1200 baht and replaced them myself.

I suggest visit pantip , and on the second floor (although towards the back of this floor, right hand side corridor) there is an escalator. By the side of this escalator there are a few small shops for notebook repairs. Take it to them, and they will surely help you out.

@djays

Can you specifically mention which model are you using , i personally am a toshiba fan and hav been using them for as long as i can remember.

It is very strange when you say that the motherboard needs to be replaced. The only thing i replaced on my oldest toshiba were the LCD hinges (a small steel bracket which eventually gave up on continuous use). Bought another 3 toshiba's for my office and never had a problem with anything.

Though , i purchased the brackets myself via a small vendor for 1200 baht and replaced them myself.

I suggest visit pantip , and on the second floor (although towards the back of this floor, right hand side corridor) there is an escalator. By the side of this escalator there are a few small shops for notebook repairs. Take it to them, and they will surely help you out.

@gtm2k, thank you very much for the advice. I solved the problem (before reading your reply).

Thanks to everybody for the feedback, much appreciate it.

Best regards.