Thai Military continues to inspect rice in silos and warehouses nationwide

webfact

I think you'll find that the putty and the key imprint are more for their identification purposes than anything else ;) no need to be Paranoid, it's not like you can just walk in there and add/remove hundreds of tonnes without the logistics ;)

• Like 2

timewilltell post # 5

One has to ask if those who have taken charge can get this going in just a few weeks, then what does that speak in volumes about the previous administration?

Because those officials tasked with monitoring the rice pledging scam scheme were unable to move quickly due to the extreme weight load of their wallets.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnzfTk4b2jCb8H1NvA7NRxzIwph_-bfo_zkd2nAQwHcBdv88dZWQ

• Like 2

You do realise that moving vast amounts of rice involves a vast amount of people? From the Yardmen all the way down to the lorry drivers,You think that the Military can't simply arrest and "question" the warehouse owners, and foremen and truck drivers and not get them to "spill the beans" ?

It's all happening and looking positive , one doubts that much will be gained , they would have identified the suspect area's long ago with disgruntled democrat voters blowing the whistle, one guy is now doing 20years , a few more to follow , the trace should be on the government money trail , not the bags.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure how military soldiers can inspect rice, and come up with a status.

If it's green, or got rat shiite on it.... does that pass or not?

There needs to be a standard for military inspection, based upon worldwide standards of pass or fail.

It's all happening and looking positive , one doubts that much will be gained , they would have identified the suspect area's long ago with disgruntled democrat voters blowing the whistle, one guy is now doing 20years , a few more to follow , the trace should be on the government money trail , not the bags.coffee1.gif

How about both ?

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure how military soldiers can inspect rice, and come up with a status.

If it's green, or got rat shiite on it.... does that pass or not?

There needs to be a standard for military inspection, based upon worldwide standards of pass or fail.

They have previously given a rundown of who the inspection teams will consist of, not just the military : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/734300-1800-rice-warehouses-to-be-checked/

The inspection team will consist of representatives from the PM's Office, the Army, police, Interior, Commerce and Agricul-ture ministries, and the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

Once it's been determined that the numbers don't add up and that new number is beyond doubt, the finger of guilt will be pointed at those already under suspicion and any accomplices.

As always there will be those that will be wanting to turn 'states evidence' or whatever it's called here, to save their own butts.

Once it's been determined that the numbers don't add up and that new number is beyond doubt, the finger of guilt will be pointed at those already under suspicion and any accomplices.

As always there will be those that will be wanting to turn 'states evidence' or whatever it's called here, to save their own butts.

Why wouldn't they have done this already? ;)

It's a waste of time....Nuttawat already did an inspection of all the warehouses, some time ago, only took him 3 days or so, and found nothing wrong...no rice missing and no evidence of corruption whistling.gif .............??

• Like 2

troops have placed locks on the doors of warehouses in the rice support program in various provinces

They have also placed putty over the locks and imprinted it with the military stamp as per below.

They must be paranoid? One could surmise they don't trust the ex PTP Commerce Ministry and the Public Warehouse Association when they stated twice there is absolutely no rice missing from stock piles..

They are right to not trust them.

How can you expect the politicians to make any money if you do not let then take the rice. It is not corruption, it is a way of life. biggrin.png

It's a waste of time....Nuttawat already did an inspection of all the warehouses, some time ago, only took him 3 days or so, and found nothing wrong...no rice missing and no evidence of corruption whistling.gif .............??

But he has Nuttawat transport to get him around so he should be able to do it quickly.

If you can take time to send someone there to lock it, u can send someone there to count sacks.

How they are going to reconcile 3 years of this system god knows.

Excellent question.

Does anybody know how much there is supposed to be in stock?

Claims of volume (tonnage) of rice stock by PTP in the last 6 months has ranged from "ABOUT 8 to 10 million tons" to "ABOUT 18 to 20 million tons"

Two to 12 million tons of unreconciled rice stock is an extraordinary amount.

I think they ought to be looking at Nattawut transport who were actually moving lots of rice around the country.

I drive a hell of a lot in Thailand, and I have seen it with my own eyes.

Find out why back in Jan/Feb the company way moving rice from the south to the north?... go through all their logistics records and bank statements and trace back who was making all the calls.

Look at every invoice, at gas and diesel purchases, make sure they match up...

Look at the tax they claim back for fuel purchases and see if that tallies with the amount of work they claim to have done.

Look at how much were paid to them from government coffers.

Ask those who booked the logistics to justify the trips and the reason for them.

It isn't hard. Basic accounting and checking.

But most of all, check how much money has gone through their accounts, and if unusually high.... freeze everything.

• Like 2

It's not as big a job as people think.

Even 1 million tonnes in 50KG sacks and say 50 sacks on a palette.

If a counting team was 800 strong, that is only 500 palettes to count per man.

If these are stacked three palletes high and stacked in rows of say 20 deep... It can literally take one man with a calculator a few hours to count out a massive warehouse. I have done many stocktakes in my time and i know it can be done quickly with just a single product on site.

They will have the numbers in within weeks.... The bigger job is reconciling everything down, putting a big red circle around all the bits that don't make sense... then rounding up all the people to explain what each discrepency means.

Of course you may fine when they try to ask questions, for various reasons... people are not availabe as they are out of the country 'on business'.

However.... It is not all about counting rice...

The biggest question the military should be asking... is 'please justify the expences and how it adds up to 70% - 80% of the entire rice scam budget'.

What was the last budget?... 250 Bn baht and only managed to pay farmers 50 Bn before the money was gone?????

That is the elephant in the room my friends, and I can't believe the military are not going down this route to get the real big fish at government level.

Edited by thumper101
  • Like 1

Clearly the military knows this program is riddled with corruption and lies. Now just a

matter for them to prove it. Guess with these padlocks, there will be no more late night

shifting of the rice between warehouses... I suspect there may be more than one person

packing their bags and getting ready to leave Thailand. In the past, if you were caught for

corruption, it was a long drawn out process with lots of delays and continuances, ending

up with a tap on the wrist. With Prayuth the Terminator in charge, I think it will be

straight to jail for the culprits, with average Thai people along the side of road cheering....

I would of hoped that the bags used where uniquely tagged anyways to avoid exactly that sort of fraud. Or bound with a unique thread and stamped and the like, damn lets hope they did have some sort of anti fraud measures in place.

I imagine that the warehouses that have been billing the government per bag per month are going to be a bit worried. Especially if they expect some has stolen the stock or if they themselves have been screwing the people of Thailand a bit more.

Wondering if the bags in storage are 50KG bags, anyone know?

I don't think they're inspecting quality, more the quantity

So they are counting bags and not whats in the bags, waste of money. Whats needed is inspections by people with enough knowledge to not only count the bags but also determine which bags must written off, which must be sold asap, which bags can wait longer to be sold etc. There can be rocks inside the bags and it will be counted as rice.

• Like 1

You do realise that moving vast amounts of rice involves a vast amount of people? From the Yardmen all the way down to the lorry drivers,You think that the Military can't simply arrest and "question" the warehouse owners, and foremen and truck drivers and not get them to "spill the beans" ?

What if some of the rice never existed in the first place? The truck drivers and foremen wouldn't know about that.

• Like 1

How can the man in Dubai negotiate large scale rice sales if he is no longer in charge of the rice. Oops forgot that is the whole point of the exercise!

Or maybe all the rice driving around means he has some squirreled away?

Edited by VocalNeal