South Korean envoy hails improvements under junta: Thailand

webfact

THAI-SOUTH KOREAN RELATIONS
South Korean envoy hails improvements under junta
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The South Korean government believes the political situation in Thailand has improved since the junta took over and hence it will encourage its investors and tourists to return to the Kingdom, the country's envoy said yesterday.

South Korean Ambassador to Thailand Jeon Jae-man said that though the political turmoil had negatively affected bilateral ties, particularly in terms of economic, investment and tourism cooperation, things had significantly improved since the junta took over and began working on "returning happiness to people".

The diplomat conveyed this message at a meeting with Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, who is also deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order and oversees economic issues.

Air Force spokesman Air Vice Marshal Monthon Satchukorn quoted the ambassador as saying that his government would encourage investors and tourists to return to the Kingdom.

Long-standing ties to continue

The number of South Korean arrivals dropped recently because of the uncertain situation, the envoy said, adding that the two countries had been close friends for a long time and that this friendship would continue.

Monthon also quoted Prajin as thanking Jeon and saying that the junta's "returning happiness" policy did not just cover Thais but also other nationals living in Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/South-Korean-envoy-hails-improvements-under-junta-30237224.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-27

• Like 2

Meh

All of these things are great but the reality is that most of the criminals and crooks out there will just be patient and wait for the next set of incompetent corrupt and cowardly politicians to take power and then they will be back to their old tricks. The police force in this country needs to be completely reformed from top to bottom and a sense of law and order needs to be instilled in Thais without this we will be going around in the same circle for the next 50 years.

• Like 2

"South Korean Ambassador to Thailand Jeon Jae-man said that though the political turmoil had negatively affected bilateral ties, particularly in terms of economic, investment and tourism cooperation, things had significantly improved since the junta took over and began working on "returning happiness to people"."

Somewhat like the Rachprasong guys, everything's improving but business is awful?

Seems like the only governments not happy and opposing this coup is the US and UE! They seem to be blinded to the good things happening for the people and the country

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you will find that there a lot more governments than that opposing a military takeover of a country. And if the South Korean ambassador did actually gIve his blessing, which I doubt, then he only has to look north of his capital to see what absolute power can do.

• Like 1

Seems like the only governments not happy and opposing this coup is the US and UE! They seem to be blinded to the good things happening for the people and the country

I think you will find that there a lot more governments than that opposing a military takeover of a country. And if the South Korean ambassador did actually gIve his blessing, which I doubt, then he only has to look north of his capital to see what absolute power can do.
Absolute power does not have to be a bad thing as the Army has already shown everyone

And since this Army is only tryin to restore law and ordrer and peace and to rebuild checks and balances the PTP led gov abandoned or ignored. So you cant compare this coup to N. Korea

• Like 1

Or look at China?

Peace and order are restore in Thailand, despite the wish of US to see Thailand fall in civil war for help Taksin.......

Some industrialized Countries like South Korea or Japan understand the real situation of Thailand......

It's in difficulties you can see real friends

Another one bites the dust. Another one suckered in.

Did you not wonder why this report quoted a senior junta leader and did not quote the South Korean diplomat?

The other day the Chinese ambassador said, "Despite the coup, China will be continuing to trade with Thailand and hopes that the economic atmosphere remains stable," and this same puffed up tinpot dictator reported that "the Chinese ambassador expressed strong support for the coup and praised the National Council for Peace and Order for restoring stability". No Thai media printed what the Chinese ambassador said, although it was freely available to them and everyone else in the world.

I'm sure ACM Prajin the Great would not misrepresent what diplomats tell him on purpose, in order to mislead the Thai public and foreigners who are living under media censorship. ACM Prajin, like Brutus, is an honorable man. The entire junta is honorable men.

Still, they can't report for beans and you'd be better finding out what this Korean diplomat ACTUALLY said before using his edited words to make a point. Korea, for starters, got rid of military rule and put its tinpotted corps under civilian control for a reason.

• Like 1

Absolute power does not have to be a bad thing as the Army has already shown everyone

And since this Army is only tryin to restore law and ordrer and peace and to rebuild checks and balances the PTP led gov abandoned or ignored. So you cant compare this coup to N. Korea

In Thailand, where your statement has been tested many times for many years since 1932 (as well as the opposite), absolute power has ALWAYS been a bad thing. No exceptions.

How can the political situation improve when there is no political establishment but a simple military dictatorship ?

No political situation is better than the political situation prior to the coup.

Exactly. The arrogance of politicians is that they think the world cannot manage without them.

• Like 1