'Independent agencies' continue to probe deposed PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plodprasop will have to sell a few more tigers to get himself into the billionaire club.

I see elsewhere that Chalerm has only 171 million but that wont include the cars which he says he is only looking after for someone else.

The EC has not taken any action against the anti-election protesters.

Possibly the EC dosent have to as the DSI previously laid multiple charges against them.

But what the heck, probably the only way the red rag could get a dig in against the EC.

• Like 1

So what law is it that she can't buy a watch? No matter how much it cost. damn I think she has the money to avoid the damn watch.

"......she has the money to avoid the damn watch."

I am sure she had the money and could afford the watch, but she avoided reporting it as an asset. Really tough.

• Like 1

My guess is the 2.5M. watch will be 'just a present' from an unknown 'supporter', a bit like that nun with her brand new Porsche, LOL!

But 600M. in assets, wouldn't that only be the 'tip of the iceberg', considering the Shins are 'valued' several Billions of USD, or would Yingluck have no share in the BIG cake, here and abroad? When, officially, so, maybe her maids, gardeners, drivers and such should be checked too, they could be 'amply rich' ;-), in the same inexplicable way her brother's were...

• Like 1

I think this is all a big PR stunt by those in authority now....we all know YL is weathly.....any ill earned funds would be very well concealed, she's not 100% dopey...ok a few Hermes bags and belts, a few Patek watches....

It would be much better to go after the real "big men" of crime in Thailand.....the hi profile people, I think, are a bit smarter than to have an asset probe find much

Only in Thailand can a PM get removed from office because she re-assigned a cabinet member to make room for her brother's ex wife's brother.

By the way, a Brother's ex-Wife's brother. Is this family? Really? Of course not, its not family. I suppose if its "Wrong" in Thailand, then so be it.

Just seems "Petty" to the rest of the world.

The bigger issue, the rice scheme, Innocent. That's good news.

• Like 2

"Mr. Somchai said the EC was unable to collect relevant documents to supplement their investigations while anti-government protesters were laying siege to governmental buildings as part of their six-month campaign to oust Ms. Yingluck." Are they investigating that? We know the answer already. Who cares if elections and normal government operations are shut down and those people are free as a bird. The important thing is to get that woman who dared to go on TV to talk to Thai people (I still can't believe that offense, and I've been here a long time).

What happened will come out that adviser told Yingluck she'd better "watch herself". She took it literally I guess.

I imagine US Republicans are now saying "Why didn't we think of that????" regarding "Only in Thailand can a PM get removed from office because she re-assigned a cabinet member to make room for her brother's ex wife's brother. By the way, a Brother's ex-Wife's brother. Is this family?" President Kennedy had his brother appointed attorney general.

Considering the scale of the corruption that is claimed, everything investigated so far seems completely trivial.

One would expect a member of a billionaire family to own some pretty expensive stuff. That a single luxury wristwatch was forgotten is hardly a suspicious thing. Similarly, one expects the PM to appear on television, particularly in the middle of a crisis.

Perhaps these are technical violations. Certainly they are at least as serious as the Thawil's transfer. But it does seem odd to start with such small stuff. Surely if they mean to investigate someone as corrupt and evil as Yingluck Shinawatra for every small violation they will be there for literally hundreds of years! Unless... No, not possible, right?

Only in Thailand can a PM get removed from office because she re-assigned a cabinet member to make room for her brother's ex wife's brother.

By the way, a Brother's ex-Wife's brother. Is this family? Really? Of course not, its not family. I suppose if its "Wrong" in Thailand, then so be it.

Just seems "Petty" to the rest of the world.

The bigger issue, the rice scheme, Innocent. That's good news.

Only in Thailand could such a waste of extravagant, shameless life ever manage to get elected; or bought.

• Like 2

and who is investigating the EC for failing to make sure the elections on Feb 2nd were not conducted properly?

It's as obvious as day is to night, that there's a concerted effort to rip the PTP to shreds, not without merit, however there's a very clear agenda going on..

Remember when the EC told PT about 50 times that the election could not happen because there would be so many problems ? The EC did their job properly until PTP started strong arming them because they so desperately wanted to get back into power to be able to revive the 'amnesty' bill to whitewash all their crimes. Come on man, take your red blinkers off and find 2 brain cells to rub together....

Under the rules of the constitution after the dissolution of Parliament an election had to be called with 90 days if I remember correctly, and the date was actually held several days AFTER that date. It was the EC's single task to make sure that the elections could go ahead, so thank you for pointing out that they were not prepared to hold elections at the time, or up to the task.

They failed to secure the ballot boxes and the polling stations and failed to protect those who wished to vote from being intimidated from doing so.

They failed to ensure that polling stations remained open, instead they allowed these stations to shut up shop..

The PTP may have been informed that the elections would have problems, but it was THEIR (EC) responsibility to make sure these problems would not infringe on the voters... they failed!!

IF the PTP hadn't of called on the elections as per the constitution, the protesters and the courts would have been baying for her blood, just like they are now, if the elections were not held. Damned if she did, damned if she didn't.

You keep harping on about this amnesty bill, it was never ever going to get passed after the first time, and even the democrats agreed to it, it was the last minute change that stopped it in it's tracks. So why keep bringing it up? It's a red herring.

My blinkers are of no particular colour, you make an assumption because I slate the PDRC and EC that I must be a red, well here this is just for you, seeing as you're another one who reads my posts, but only see what you want to see... I have NO love for the Reds, I have no love for the Yellows, my loyalty lies with my family, I am a farang with absolute NO say, so treating Thai politics like a football team, as other farangs seem to do, hold no merit for me. I think that there is no better party, I did on many an occasions clearly state that IF I WERE THAI, I'd vote Democrats and have Abhisit as my vote, so I must be the only red spectacle wearing democrat if there's such a thing!! I wouldn't vote PTP/UDD even if you paid me to, but considering Abhisit seems to be AWOL, I'd be hard pushed to support a man, who lacked a backbone to stand against the PTP/UDD in an election.

Popularity isn't measured by being placed in a position of power and authority,it's earned through trust and respect, and probably still is the only way the democrats will get into power, write off the Issan peoples votes at your peril, IF there's ever to be an election held again.

The constitution will be re written again by the Military, and the main opponents of the Dems will be banned, I don't know about you tingtongseesod, but that smacks of rigging the game every bit as bad as vote buying don't you think?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind probing her too

keep the young ones & ones with brains for me.

Please let me know on what planet you find YOUNG + BRAINS, and I'll take the first spaceship out of here.

Though, assuming someone with 600m doesn't have a brain, shows you may not have one yourself. tongue.pnggiggle.gifwink.png

I wouldn't mind probing her too

keep the young ones & ones with brains for me.

Please let me know on what planet you find YOUNG + BRAINS, and I'll take the first spaceship out of here.

Though, assuming someone with 600m doesn't have a brain, shows you may not have one yourself. tongue.pnggiggle.gifwink.png

There are lots of young 30 year olds with PhDs, and Master's degrees, who are also very beautiful.

Unfortunately, you don't meet them in bars, or take-a-ways or brothels. Thus, unfortunately I can't help you on this one, until you are over aged 18. ;)

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm not saying that if she's guilty, she shouldn't be held accountable, but:

"The EC will swiftly complete the three cases, because they are of great interest to the people," Mr. Somchai said. "I believe all of the cases could reach a verdict by August."

So that means a verdict in 2 months or so. Meanwhile cases against PAD and their leaders for taking over Government House and occupying the airport are still sitting on a shelf somewhere gathering dust.

If you're going to apply justice, apply it evenly and equally to all.

A verdict? The EC (as well as the NACC) does not have the power of the court to find someone it investigates to be guilty. However, it is somewhat suspect to consider the EC (and NACC) now as an independent organization given the suspension of the constitution that established its authority and that fact that any trial will be conducted in a military court by the same military that overthrew the government.