working Voluntary

KhunKevin

I would like to know if the groups that operate in CM need to have work permits to be legal. One such group meets at a 5 star hotel every month . I would like to know if the committee or board of this group and other non profit organisations need to have work permits to be legal?. If you are asked to join one of these groups is it the organisations job to get the work permit or is it the individuals responsibility. I hope this post does not get removed unlike my last one . I don't think this one can offend anyone it is a simple question.

Yes, Prof. Bill it is a good question and one that has been answered and discussed recently in this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732869-expat-groups-require-to-register-with-thai-government-to-be-legal/?hl=+social%20+clubs

These groups can get the short-duration work permits for their special activities like tree-planting days or money-raising fairs. The OP is looking to do volunteer work on an on-going basis so his needs for a work permit are different.

• Like 1

If the original poster has as much trouble figuring out what to do on something so simple maybe he shouldn't be teaching anything. It's not rocket science and if you can't manage a couple google searches or simple Thai rules what's the point of asking a question when you didn't seem to do an ounce of research?

Serious question, how did you manage to get to Thailand on your own?

Sent from my iPad

JRA

The whole idea of forums should be abolished if you are correct.

If you happen to ever do an internet search on any subject regarding visas etc TV is listed in the top ten searches, so in answer to you first question 'yes i did'

Your second question ha, is that really your idea of a serious question?

I suggest you unlock your front door and venture outside for a minute or two, just to bring yourself back from cloud cuckoo land, oh and don't forget to ask someone to strap that jacket up nice and tight, so you dont hurt yourself in the real world.