How good is the Thais knowledge about Hollywood movies , and series?

When I begin talk with Thais about

Older movies and series it's always the same

Famous actor like Bruce Willis

Nicolas cage or Michael Jackson everybody knows !

But when it comes to series

Then it ends in I don't know never hear

No night rider alf or al bundy

Don't know , never see my wife says!

I need the help now of all here to find out , what kind of movies and series are never realeased in Thailand ?

I want find out , is this only I don't know because I never see matter, or does some old series realy never realeased here?

Thanks to all to make this puzzle complete!

And all who like my posts , I like you also!

Sandman, I would never miss a single post of yours.

I've loved everyone of them.

Even when they send you to South East Asia.....as they did with your previous post.

I can sense there is love in the air..............wub.png

• Like 1

Sandman77 ... can I call you Sandy?

How much do you know about Thai movies?

What about the BollyWood latest Stars?

No looking up the internet now ... whistling.gif

Who the hell would want to know about Bollywood apart from Indians and pretentious mid 40's yoga practising white women? Complete trash it is. Thai movies can be really good though. Movies from SEA and east Asian countries are certainly worth giving a try, especially South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Thailand movies. I actually seem to enjoy more Asian flicks than Hollywood movies these days..

• Like 1

Sandman77 ... can I call you Sandy?

How much do you know about Thai movies?

What about the Bollywood latest Stars?

No looking up the internet now ... whistling.gif

Who the hell would want to know about Bollywood apart from Indians and pretentious mid 40's yoga practising white women? Complete trash it is. Thai movies can be really good though. Movies from SEA and east Asian countries are certainly worth giving a try, especially South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Thailand movies. I actually seem to enjoy more Asian flicks than Hollywood movies these days..

Agreed, some Thai moves are good ... some are so bad ... they are even better ... w00t.gif

Apart from Slumdog Millionaire (which is a fusion of the genres) ... I've never ever watched a Bollywood movie, but you might be surprised at the size of it ... and it's growth is much more then Hollywood.

draft_lens1970177module9947996photo_1213

EDIT ... just noticed the age of that information ... more up to date is here and here

Edited by David48

Knowledge about American movies is pretty good here. Lots of US movies in the theatres, on TV, and on DVD in the shops and they are very popular. The actors are talked about in the Thai gossip magazines as well.

Knowledge about American TV shows is virtually non existent however. Few people watch any American TV shows. Unlike a lot of countries where the TV just shows US series dubbed in to the local language, Thai TV has almost no US series on it aside from a couple cable channels. Thai TV is mostly locally made Thai shows, plus some Korean and Chinese shows dubbed in to Thai. So most Thais never see any American TV series other than stuff like Bugs Bunny and a few other kids cartoons.

I can say Bollywood has more movies then Hollywood

But most of them never comes in cinema outside India

Thailand has very famous zombie horror movies someone told me

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Thaivisa Connect Thailand