Free food and entry fee waiver at national zoos on July 11: Thailand

webfact

That's exactly roman formula for keeping the hungry and angry population compliacent - give scraps of bread and cheap entertainment. But 'immediate happiness' is a pure thai invention

"Win the crowd and you will win your freedom"

Proximo.

I wonder if this will also apply to foreigners ?

"The Zoological Park Organization of Thailand (ZPO) has announced it will waive entry fees at all 7 zoos.

It didn't say only for Thai people. OR Foreigners will be charged as usual.

That would mean checking IDs of a lot of other Asians. I am sure if there is a problem, showing your drivers licence or other proof of residence will help.

hahha...the authorities throw some free food and the reds come a-running

Nothing changes

think it is for all Thais not just the reds. My wife is definitely not a red but she also loves freebies.

Is that free food to give to the Animals ?

if for the Visitors how do you eat a bag of rice and a bag fat and bone curry liquid ?

Ask anyone who has eaten an early morning curry after a "night on the lash" in any city centre in the UK. They should be able to give you a few pointers, though I think you need to prep yourself with massive quantities of lager first.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Early morning curry? You know as well as I do such a night would call for a large kebab with extra onion and chilli sauce. Get it right, now.

Funny idea of happiness, braving boiling temperatures and crowds of people fighting over free food for a glimpse of some sorry-looking captive birds and beasts.

My Thai wife got it right when I took her for our first - and last - visit to what is probably the world's biggest, most humane and prestigious zoo, at Regent's Park in London.

When I asked whether she was impressed, she looked at me with a sad expression and replied: "Not really. It's just a big prison for animals".

I've never enjoyed a zoo since.

I wonder if this will also apply to foreigners ?

So there I went today together with my son to Khao Kheow zoo to check out if foreigners got in for free. I gave up as at 1pm there was a 6.5km car queue from the exit from the highway to the entrance of the zoo

Funny idea of happiness, braving boiling temperatures and crowds of people fighting over free food for a glimpse of some sorry-looking captive birds and beasts.

My Thai wife got it right when I took her for our first - and last - visit to what is probably the world's biggest, most humane and prestigious zoo, at Regent's Park in London.

When I asked whether she was impressed, she looked at me with a sad expression and replied: "Not really. It's just a big prison for animals".

I've never enjoyed a zoo since.

Your Misses sounds like a real sweetheart. Well Done Krataiboy