Now unable to listen to BBC radio or watch BBC video

nong38

I have a new computer, my old one, before it sat down, would allow me to watch the BBC video content and the Iplayer, I could also listen to the BBC radio 5 live, my new computer which I bought in the UK 2 months ago will not allow anything from the above. With the radio I press "listen live" and thats it can go no further.

My wife's old computer running windows 7 does make BBC content work.

Anyone got any thoughts? Thanks for any suggestions that are helpful, listening on the wife's computer is not always an option due to the Thai proggs that can be watched, if you know what I mean, she is on it!!

Edited by nong38

I use Hola which changes the VPN to UK..... that should do the trick .... easy to use and free!

http://hola.org/

Works on Firefox and Chrome.... You change counties as needed.... I think BBC asks you for a Brit Postal code..... (Might be ITV ? ....) but they both should work.... it's fairly easy to master!

I use Hola which changes the VPN to UK..... that should do the trick .... easy to use and free!

Works on Firefox and Chrome.... You change counties as needed.... I think BBC asks you for a Brit Postal code..... (Might be ITV ? ....) but they both should work.... it's fairly easy to master!

Is Hola.org really a free lunch?

Is Hola.org really a free lunch?

So far it's free ! I think an option to buy, but I don't see the point....adds one or two things I think ~!

Zenmate is free too, I believe, it was when I downloaded it .... I find Hola easier.... (just don't have to two open at same time!)

Others around too I think, if you do a search....on Google.....

I do not like Chrome, it is useless! bah.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

For those who do not know, the Radio section of BBC iPlayer is free to air worldwide and requires no add-ons, you only need that to watch Television programs. I use MediaHint which used to be free but it is now around 100 Baht a month, not a large price to pay and it has always worked well.

Until recently.

But it is the internet speed that is letting me down, it has been problematical trying to watch TV during the day for some time, it is hit and miss now when the sun has gone down.

I have Avast antivirus installed, temporarily deactivating the shields helps, but not all the time.

Nong, do you have anything installed that is reducing your bandwidth like virus and malware protection?