Good Engineer - Recommended in Krabi

Aquanaut

It's not often I feel I can recommend a local company for great service and a job well done, so this is rather refreshing.

I needed to have a stronger tow bar made and fitted on my truck than the one I had. After a lot of asking around, I found a small workshop which I felt confident to trust with the job and I'm most pleased with the result and the price charged.The tow bar was made completely from scratch and my requests were followed to the letter - I wanted a sturdy bar that I could quickly adapt from hitch ball, to drop-pin (the more commonly used type on boat trailers here) I advised them I needed to safely tow to 2.5 tonnes. The guys went beyond that and I reckon I can now tow up to 5 ton without failure LOL

They can be found near the airport; heading from Krabi Town on the 4 road to Trang, turn left at the traffic lights just after the Susco gas station, about before 1 km before the airport. Their small workshop is the first building, around 20 meters on the right. The owner is named Lek and although he doesn't speak English (take the wife, or friend if you don't speak reasonable Thai), he is friendly, professional and above all, fair - prices are the same for foreigners as they are for local folks. What impressed me most was his level of care towards his work (I know, rare indeed here!). He measured twice and cut once; heck, he even used a set square before welding!! They also do modifications/repairs to cars/trucks including exhausts. I had my catalytic convertor cleaned out whilst I was there, which after 70'000kms was completely clogged. No more jumpy pull-aways from a standing start :)

Btw, I'm not married to his sister and have absolutely no connection with Lek, or his company. Just a delighted customer who paid a fair price for a good job and thought I would share my experience for others in Krabi.

Lek's phone number is 087 629 8771 for those that need it.

post-96355-0-18012800-1404442859_thumb.j

post-96355-0-40866600-1404442894_thumb.j

post-96355-0-24501900-1404442922_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...