True Visions Cable vs 3bb Fiber

BuffaloRescue

I'll refer you to the ThaiVisa Search True vs Fiber for your reading pleasure, which already contains such gems, as:

Started by avander, 2014-06-08 22:53 -- 10 replies to this topic
Started by muratremix, 2014-02-28 13:23 -- 8 replies to this topic
Started by matbkk, 2013-04-17 18:30 -- 9 replies to this topic
Started by TallGuyJohninBKK, 2013-09-09 17:52 -- 28 replies to this topic
  • Like 1

I just moved here from BKK and I just had 3BB fiber to the home installed, It took three days to get the fiber in and another three days to get the router installed. Note that I was required to pay for a full year in advance.

I can't tell you how they compare but here are the results this morning at 8:30am till 9:00am on a Saturday. This is with the router hard wired to my computer. I haven't had time to test via wi-fi but a quick try at streaming video via wi-fi didn't work at all. I'll reserve judgement on how good it is until I have more experience.

BKK: Down 34.82 MB/s, Up 3.18

Hong Kong: Down 13.98, Up 3.15

Shanghai: Down 10.63, Up 3.15

Sidney: Down 9.27, Up 2.83

Melbourne: Down 8.06, Up 8.06, Up 2.45

San Francisco: Down 8.27, Up 2.77

New York City: Down 10.50, Up 3.11

Düsseldorf: Down 5.12, Up 2.27

London: Down 6.39, Up 2.79

Harry

I just moved here from BKK and I just had 3BB fiber to the home installed, It took three days to get the fiber in and another three days to get the router installed. Note that I was required to pay for a full year in advance.

I can't tell you how they compare but here are the results this morning at 8:30am till 9:00am on a Saturday. This is with the router hard wired to my computer. I haven't had time to test via wi-fi but a quick try at streaming video via wi-fi didn't work at all. I'll reserve judgement on how good it is until I have more experience.

Harry

Good speeds but true ultra is about half the price !

Harry

It would interesting to do the tests also on a Friday evening around 19h00 when my internet connection is always getting slow

Did you use OOKLA to do the tests if not pls provide link to software you used

http://testmy.net and select a server, a real java test not a fake flash cache test

I concur with harryseaman 3bb and tot fiber is the bees knees for international traffic.

thanks a lot for the Testmy link : I tried it and I discovered that linking to the USA I have download of 2.5 Mbps while I pay for 4 Mbps

your info helps me a lot ot accept an offer to get my condo connected to VDSL coming from an optic fiber cable box in the basement

while I pay for 4 Mbps

your info helps me a lot ot accept an offer to get my condo connected to VDSL coming from an optic fiber cable box in the basement

You like all of us pay for bandwidth from our property to the ISP server only normally in Bangkok! Not internationally at all. Read your contract again please.