IKEA - Shipping to Chiang Mai

ChiangMai2012

I know IKEA ships nationwide, but its 10,000 baht from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, which would be about as much as the things I'm trying to have shipped.

Does anyone have experience using Thailand Post? The box would be about 70kgs. The EMS rate calculator on their website doesn't seem to go that high, but is very reasonable on smaller items. In Bangkok now, but flying back to Chiang Mai on the 8th so need to get it sorted rather quickly (taking it on the airline isn't an option, even more expensive).

Thanks.

If you can ship it in a few boxes. This might solve the problem. Otherwise you could talk to one of the forwarders. Most of them do cross country as well. As well you could try at the bus station. Have never used them but as far as I heard they would transport your goods as well for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Find a logistics company like Inter Logistics and they will forward it to Chiang Mai.

They deliver Door to Door for a descent price. May take 2 to 3 days depending your whereabouts.

EMS handles only packages up to 20 kg.

10,000 Baht is a rip off by the way.

Hi. I have no personal experience with such shipping by Thailand Post, but a good Thai friend (and I had heard of this otherwise also) sent her son's motorbike by post from CM to somewhere near BKK when he went off to college. She says it cost around 2,000~2,500 Bt. Actually, come to think of it, I have spotted a motorbike being readied to go in the shipping area of the PO. Your Ikea pkg. should be nicely packed for shipping already anyway.

Renting a pick-up truck one-way looks like it would be over 5,000 plus gas and taxi for pick-up and drop-off - getting close to 10,000 baht.

Anyone have experience posting stuff on the train? Already have airfare, so wouldn't want to actually ride the train.

Renting a pick-up truck one-way looks like it would be over 5,000 plus gas and taxi for pick-up and drop-off - getting close to 10,000 baht.

Anyone have experience posting stuff on the train? Already have airfare, so wouldn't want to actually ride the train.

What are you going on about? I already told you it can go thai logistics for under 2000 baht. Your now looking for more expensive options!

• Like 1