What have i done?

VintageTQ

cooked some chicken yesterday and thought i would eat the leftovers today, wolfed it down only to realise 30 mins later that it wasnt yesterday's chicken i ate but some i cooked 8 days ago and forgot to throw out...

Anyone know how long cooked chicken lasts in the fridge???

oops

it sounds as though you are doomed, doomed I tell you!

Seriously depends on the temp of your fridge and how often the door was opened.

The good thing is that you will know very soon one way or the other.

Just remember to clear a way to the WC and leave a light on so that you dont trip over anything in your race to the Hong Nam.

Dry toast and plenty of water on hand just in case Oh and don't forget the imodium

Still all quiet on the western front. after a few frantic google searches it seems cooked chicken can last 7-10 days if stored properly (which it was), and it certainly didnt smell or taste off.

So maybe i dodged a bullet.

I think i should avoid street food for a while as i have funny feeling my luck will run out

Don't worry you will be fine, if it was that rancid you would of chucked it up by now...

There are some food poisoning that needs long to get some nice effects.....

Still all quiet on the western front. after a few frantic google searches it seems cooked chicken can last 7-10 days if stored properly (which it was), and it certainly didnt smell or taste off.

I think i should avoid street food for a while as i have funny feeling my luck will run out

No news on the East Front?

Things like that can be unpredictable. The depend on the bacteria the chicken got before it went into the fridge, on the bacterias in the fridge, on the temperature in the fridge, on the moisture on its surface on the salt content on the surface.

For example if you put it hot in closed place, which is nice clean (dishwasher), you might get almost sterile conditions or at least no bacteria who loves your chicken.

Or if you put it open in the fridge, it may dry out on the surface (salt also helps), with some luck that no mold takes the opportunity it can be eaten a year later.

On the other hand it can be different and there are some real killers. But don't worry, the human body is made to fight almost all of these......So the risk of really dieing is extreme low.

Generally if you eat something and a few hours later you get problems it is USUALLY not a big problem. If it needs long to develop and therefor sits long in your body, than be more afraid.

Street food, until you have a trusted place should be avoided anyway....terrible stories not only about infections but from low quality (like the chicken that died from disease and was sold for crocodile farms but ended on the streets)

take 2 aspirin and report back in the morning. rememger to grab your internet device on the way to the loo, or perhaps put it in there b4 u go to bed.

takes 3 or 4 hours min to get going. if you past mid-morning you got a fair chance of no issue.

actually i wouldnt risk it. take 3 activated carbon capsules now to be more sure from most thai pharmacy.

Edited by Sherry Ayittey

take 2 aspirin and report back in the morning. rememger to grab your internet device on the way to the loo, or perhaps put it in there b4 u go to bed.

takes 3 or 4 hours min to get going. if you past mid-morning you got a fair chance of no issue.

actually i wouldnt risk it. take 3 activated carbon capsules now to be more sure from most thai pharmacy.

Aspirin?