Retirement visa requirements for foreign spouse under 50

Hi, I intend to apply for retirement visa, I am over 50 and have all the requirements in place for this type of visa, my wife is 46 years of age. Can she be included on my retirement visa ? If not any suggestions as to which visa would be preferable for her.

Your wife can get an extension of stay as your dependent after you get your extension based upon retirement (they are not visas).

What kind of visa or entry do you and your wife have now?

Your wife can get an extension of stay as your dependent after you get your extension based upon retirement (they are not visas).

What kind of visa or entry do you and your wife have now?

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for your reply. We are both on the last entry of a triple entry tourist visa, we have to return to the UK for 1 month in September so I thought that we should apply for retirement status upon return in November

You could try to get single entry non-o visas when you return to UK at one of the consulates in person (no mail in applications allowed now) and then apply for your extensions when you return.

You could do a change of visa status to a non immigrant visa entry from a tourist visa and then get the extension. But your wife will need a non-o visa to get an extension as your dependent because immigration will not do the change for her class of extension.