Pilot of delayed US flight buys pizza for whole plane

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominos has a 16" (40 cm) diameter, thick crust pizza and with enough toppings it should feed that many people. That would be 4.5 people per pizza, and some old people and children can't eat that much. They have drinks and snacks on the plane too. I think it was a nice thing to do.

Off topic, but Cheyenne Wyoming is often portrayed in Western movies, books, and TV. It sets right at the E. edge of the Rocky Mountains. I'll be traveling through another famous W. town (Laramie Wy.,) and then through Cheyenne next week on my road trip.

Man, don't pass up the chance to get some beefsteak. Wyoming and Montana have the best steaks in the world!!!

Dominos has a 16" (40 cm) diameter, thick crust pizza and with enough toppings it should feed that many people. That would be 4.5 people per pizza, and some old people and children can't eat that much. They have drinks and snacks on the plane too. I think it was a nice thing to do.

Off topic, but Cheyenne Wyoming is often portrayed in Western movies, books, and TV. It sets right at the E. edge of the Rocky Mountains. I'll be traveling through another famous W. town (Laramie Wy.,) and then through Cheyenne next week on my road trip.

Very Cool Trip you got coming up, but then ... you know well smile.png

Wyoming and Montana have the best steaks in the world!!!

hate to break it to you but American beef is probably the lowest quality meat in the developed world. Raised in squalid factories, on a relentless daily cocktail of growth hormones and multiple antibiotics - many of which are banned in the more sophisticated farming countries. Even 'organic' meat in the US has more crap in it than more developed places. I love visiting the US, but certainly wouldn't list the food as a reason to go there :-)

• Like 1

Man, don't pass up the chance to get some beefsteak. Wyoming and Montana have the best steaks in the world!!!

The best is Wagyu and served at several local restaurants in my city of primary residence.

http://mstreetnashville.com/restaurants/kayne-prime/menu

Wagyu is expensive, but worth it if you want the best. 8 ounce strip from Greg Norman Ranch, Australia is $65 ala cart. I typically get the Wagyu fillet from Durham Ranch in Wyoming. There is a taster of US Prime, US Wagyu and Australian Wagyu. This used to serve US Prime, Kobe and Wagyu on the taster, but replaced Kobe with Wyoming Wagyu. The Australian is typical the more desireable cut. According to Chef who is a social friend, the best US Prime generally comes from Ohio and Alabama. I believe Colorado also has a Wagyu ranch. If you are a steak person, try the Wagyu.

Frontier Days starts on the 15th. Great fun for 10 days.

Damn commendable act.

Congratulate him...why do 'on par' people feel the need to slate such acts of humanity!

Grow up, and come in from the cold of your keyboard hideout...Trolling is for humans who simply are unable to interact with society...

Tell me who you are, we'll meet for a beer down Bangkok...

Americans are the best in terms of their thoughtfulness of others and their generosity. No other culture compares.

Er! What Americans are you talking about ?

US is the most charitable country according to world giving index. Unfortunately, US does have a rather large percentage of the population that is not charitable which appears to be lower income minority based. The United States also gives about $35 bil a year which is nearly triple second place, 6 times 10th place and 15 times 15th place on the list.

In times of crisis such as typhoon, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes and etc., what country contributes more to aid and volunteer work than the US.

hate to break it to you but American beef is probably the lowest quality meat in the developed world. Raised in squalid factories, on a relentless daily cocktail of growth hormones and multiple antibiotics - many of which are banned in the more sophisticated farming countries. Even 'organic' meat in the US has more crap in it than more developed places. I love visiting the US, but certainly wouldn't list the food as a reason to go there :-)

Hate to break it to you, but you obviously have never been to Montana or Wyoming, and probably never been out of a big city. Neversure is correct, although I would add while in that part of the country, hit a restaurant that serves buffalo (bison). THAT is the best meat in the country.

Hate to break it to you, but you obviously have never been to Montana or Wyoming, and probably never been out of a big city. Neversure is correct, although I would add while in that part of the country, hit a restaurant that serves buffalo (bison). THAT is the best meat in the country.

I correct myself, BrianP was correct about the steaks in Montana and Wyoming.

Yes. I had a friend from North Dakota who raised had his own ranch. He would bring a few coolers full of fantastic, range fed steaks. Best I had...especially compared to what is available in Asia.

• Like 1

Great first post from manofmystery. First day and he has already shown us a new way to bash the Yanks.

My guess is he has never been in Texas, Wyoming, Montana et al to get some of that good beef.

Expert on McDonald's fine cuisine more likely. cheesy.gif

Thanks Chuck :-)

Actually I've travelled extensively in the US, and visit regularly. It's one of my favourite countries.

Don't take my comments personally, plenty of Americans I know won't eat US supermarket meat

either.

The cheapest beef in the world by a long way is in the US, there are reasons for that.

I've seen and smelt first hand what's required to stuff 100,000 head of cattle into a few hundred acres..

American cows don't wander around in fields eating grass, I'll put it that way. 4 companies now control

80%+ of the beef production there, and what they're putting in the meat isn't a secret.

I'm not into 'bashing the Yanks', far from it. I love the people and the country.

As for their food quality though - the only people eating more drugs and chemicals are the Chinese.

• Like 1

Kudos to the pilot, there is someone who knows something about customer service. I am sure the passengers would

rather have arrived on time but a nice way to diffuse tension in unhappy customers.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1

A warning...fuel up when you get through the Rockies because Cheyenne is another several hundred miles east of there.

I would urge you to take "Happy Jack Road" (Hwy 210) out of Laramie on your way to Cheyenne. Its the first exit at top of the pass where the Lincoln monument is.

As for the pilot, he either had a few cocktails in him or he was trying to impress one of the flight attendants.

Thats alot of money! ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark