Where Can I Buy A Laptop Preinstalled With Linux ?

Ericx_25

Where in Thailand can I buy a laptop preinstalled with Linux ?

I bought my Acer Laptop back 2 years ago in Pantip with Linux pre installed. Not sure if that is an option but i found at Big C in the Computer Section Pc's with linux preinstalled too. Could as well be that you find some Laptops too there...

hope that helps,

rcm :o

If you are adventurous, why not consider installing Linux yourself. I just installed Fedora Core 5 onto my Compaq Presario x1030 the other day. Wasn't much to it. Quite simple.

There is plenty of forums on the web, including this one on TV, concerning Linux should you ever have a question (or a problem).

If you are adventurous, why not consider installing Linux yourself. I just installed Fedora Core 5 onto my Compaq Presario x1030 the other day. Wasn't much to it. Quite simple.

There is plenty of forums on the web, including this one on TV, concerning Linux should you ever have a question (or a problem).

I don't want to pay for windoze OS if I am not going to use it.

If I buy a good laptop it will probably come with XP PRO installed. I am not sure how much a preinstalled OEM version of XP PRO costs but out of the shelf XP PRO it is 200 dollars.

In Thailand almost every brandname sells notebooks without OS or with free Linux pre-installed.

It seems that Acer is the leader in Linux notebooks, and I belief they have all models also with Linux pre-installed

Better say installing Windows XP is not exactly legal, I'm running Linux and can say that all software is 100% legal.

For the office work I do I can do everything what anybody else does on his expensive Windows XP and MS Office combination, but then for free.....

So please talk about Windows is like talking dirty, and some kids maybe also look this site (ICT maybe going to block it)

Better say installing Windows XP is not exactly legal, I'm running Linux and can say that all software is 100% legal.

For the office work I do I can do everything what anybody else does on his expensive Windows XP and MS Office combination, but then for free.....

So please talk about Windows is like talking dirty, and some kids maybe also look this site (ICT maybe going to block it)

Sorry Rich, I forgot my smiley for "this is sarcasm/joking/a winking smirk" button. Keep forgetting that some people need things spelled out explicitly. My bad.

At the same time, I don't really get the third paragraph of your post though, so maybe need lessons (sarcasm alert).

Edited by calibanjr.

I don't want to pay for windoze OS if I am not going to use it.

If I buy a good laptop it will probably come with XP PRO installed. I am not sure how much a preinstalled OEM version of XP PRO costs but out of the shelf XP PRO it is 200 dollars.

Last time I checked, WinXP costs 200 baht (about $5) at Pantip. Where are you getting your numbers? At the Pantip price, if you do not want Windows, then throw it away. No big loss.