Just got a job offer!

What you need would depend upon where your are applying for it.

All nearby embassies and consulates require a work permit application approval letter to get a non-b. If teaching it is not required.

You can apply for a work permit with a tourist visa entry. For it to be issued will require the non-b visa.

Assuming that you are now outside of Thailand, then your employer needs to apply for your Work Permit using form WP3, when these papers are correctly filed your employer can apply for a letter of Approval from the local labour department.

At this point you can apply fro a non immigrant 'B' visa - the list of paperwork is in the link below:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

You should apply at your local Thai Consular Facility to get a 90 day Single Entry Non Immigrant 'B' visa.

Enter Thailand on this visa and show labour the 90 day non 'b' stamp in your passport and they will complete the process to finalise and issue your Work Permit.

Once you have your Work Permit then you can legally start work.

Within one month of your 'admitted until' date on the non 'b' entry stamp then your employer can apply fro you to get a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay based on working in the Kingdom of Thailand.

If for some reason an extension is not possible, then you will need to make a visa run to Penang with your WP (with > 8 month validity) to apply for a one year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant 'B' visa.

thanks for the response.

Just to clarify.

I am actually in Thailand now but cannot start work until I get the non-b and work permit so I want to get it sorted asap.

I was wondering if I can get my TR converted to Non-B at Chaeng Watthana with correct paper work instead of flying out.

thanks for the response.

Just to clarify.

I am actually in Thailand now but cannot start work until I get the non-b and work permit so I want to get it sorted asap.

I was wondering if I can get my TR converted to Non-B at Chaeng Watthana with correct paper work instead of flying out.

So it's form WP1 not WP3 to apply for the WP.

No personal experience of the conversion procedure at CW, but conversion may, I understand, be possible if you/your company meet all the criteriae for a One year Extension of Permission to Stay