Night safari update please.

SamSipEt

Just been reading some of the older posts about the night safari and a lot of them were negative about the whole thing.

I'm toying with the idea of paying it a visit but has it changed enough in the last couple of years to make it worth while?

I've also had a look at the official web site and it lists 17 different "activities" so any comments on which were recently enjoyed and which were best avoided would be gratefully received.

I haven't done the official night time activities but for a young family the jaguar trail around Swan lake (after 1100am) is well worth it. With a Thai DL it costs only 50 baht same for a thai person and the very young (like our 4 year old) gets in free.

The whole trail is shaded as this is a day-time activity and can take up to one to three hours based on your pace. Many types of cats and smaller mammals as well as reptiles...But b/c it is during day-time, some of the animals will be sleeping or hard to locate in their pens/areas..There is also a farm animal section...

Never any crowds even on weekends so one of the better children activities to do in CM. Go at one's own speed. Would recommend bring your own food/drinks as the restaurant on site is not good and is expensive. A few food shacks/carts around but selection is poor and pricing slightly higher but not unreasonable.

Even before you pay your admission, there is a deer and giraffe area where one can feed them if an animal food vendor is present (not always. They have some tiger pens (good visibility)on the way in that I would rate superior to what sees at tiger Kingdom as the animals are not drugged and not available for touching (not my thing). While the animals might not be in their natural setting at least they are not manipulated into shows like other spots around CM. That said, there is now a new tiger show in a different area on the premise but these tigers at the entrance are not part of that act....

Yes, many different activities but only experience is with the walk-around jaguar trail...

CB

• Like 2

Our family go often. The walk around the lake is great. And the kids play ground to the left before the trail is excellent also- only 40bht (compare that to the ripp off in promenada) big indoor and out door and interactive technology thing at the back left too- though screens music and projector images that move as you walk over it and that kinda thing.

Nice activity.

The views are beautiful too.

Never done the night time or shows.

Some unusual animals on the walk.

I do feel sorry for a few of the big cats stuck in not so big enclosures- but can't be helped by my not going. It's educational for kids I suppose- at least as an example of human behaviour as much as the animals.

Just curious. It has been many years since I went there when I first started coming to Thailand and defiantly sounds like they have upgraded it.

But I to would be interested in a report on the night activities.

As I now have young granddaughters it would be a treat for them. Not always able to coordinate their day time activity with their parents as there parents work insane shift hours in a hospital.