did air asia make the right decision by moving to DM airport

Thought they were told to move there....sad.png

That is right, all domestic flights have to take off and arrive at DM. As most of the flights of Air Asia are domestic, logically the international flights have moved to DMK as well. The only carrier flying domestic from and to BKK is the national carrier Thai Airways.

Wrong! It's not all domestic flights. All budget airlines were told to relocate to DM.

Ok, puy it this way. One exception though: Thai Airways budget carrier ThaiSmile flies out of BKK.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a very frequent flyer to countries in the region I moved 22 years ago to a place at 15 minutes by car from Don Muang.

Everything changed when Suvarnabhumi opened and I had to compete with traffic to the city to get to the new airport : I missed my flight several times during morning hours.

Now I enjoy flying AA from Don Muang without long check-in lines or long passport check lines.

However the parking at the old airport is really too small

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Money

Yermanee wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

How right you are!

It is cheaper to rent space their.

But in exchange you are giving up some international travellers continuing on and going outside of Bangkok.

That is right, all domestic flights have to take off and arrive at DM. As most of the flights of Air Asia are domestic, logically the international flights have moved to DMK as well. The only carrier flying domestic from and to BKK is the national carrier Thai Airways.

Wrong! It's not all domestic flights. All budget airlines were told to relocate to DM.

Ok, puy it this way. One exception though: Thai Airways budget carrier ThaiSmile flies out of BKK.

And the other exception being Bangkok Airways, who as a full-service airline carrying many inter-lining farangs, have also remained at Swampy.

And the other exception being Bangkok Airways, who as a full-service airline carrying many inter-lining farangs, have also remained at Swampy.

Bangkok Airways is not considered a low cost airline.

Never said they were, did I ?

I was responding to "all domestic flights have to take off and arrive at DM" and "The only carrier flying domestic from and to BKK is the national carrier Thai Airways." in your post #38.

Never said they were, did I ?

I was responding to "all domestic flights have to take off and arrive at DM" and "The only carrier flying domestic from and to BKK is the national carrier Thai Airways." in your post #38.

Did I say you did?

It is however often a lower cost than Air Asia