Visa exempt....how many in a year?

They might also do what a lot of countries do: when was the last return to home country.

And just how will they ("a lot of countries") do that when your home country does not put a stamp in your passport for exit, or entry?

Wish people would think before they post (or just make stuff up).

Your disembarkation card plus flight number.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Only applicable if you have come direct from your home country.

How do they tell when "was the last return to home country" if it wasn't from Thailand?

Your passport will be stamped anywhere so long it's not your country of origin.

If your last exit stamp on your passport shows 28 Feb and you now attempt to enter Thailand, then you most probably have been home during this no stamp period.

Again, what should be the period one must remain outside Thailand before he is considered "just leave and return" ?

More than a few hour for sure. Perhaps a day or two will be enough. At the moment there is no way to say for sure what it will be. But I would guess it will not be more than a few days. There are many tourists that leave and return after just a couple of days.

I think those are fair answers by Joe at this point, "perhaps" and "guess", to the posed question.

As others have noted, thus far, Immigration has not publicly, precisely defined just how they will differentiate between a "bad" visa runner and a "good" repeat/recurring tourist/visitor.

Perhaps there will be some kind of public, published order/criteria put out sometime between now and mid-August when the serious enforcement is supposed to start at the main international airports. Unfortunately, such a clarification hasn't been forthcoming yet.

I think it's safe to assume that they'll look closely at the number of times an individual has done "short term" exits; maybe not "In & Outs" but consecutive exits of short term duration; like a week or two. They might also do what a lot of countries do: when was the last return to home country.

One thing is clear: loopholes will be hard to find.

lets see if i counted right i have 67 visa exempt stamps in my passport in last 12 months of entry and exit between cambodia and thailand both land and air

all i can say after the 12th its going to be interesting.....

How do they tell when "was the last return to home country" if it wasn't from Thailand?

If your last exit stamp on your passport shows 28 Feb and you now attempt to enter Thailand, then you most probably have been home during this no stamp period.

Try checking that with a passport three-quarters full. Get real.

Try checking that with a passport three-quarters full. Get real.

This is how it can be done and being done.

There will be no limit on the number of entries. The latest news is that it the new rules will only be for those that just leave and return to get a new entry. You will not be effected by the new rules.

Hopefully so!

Supposedly there are guys from Shanghai or Singapore who come in Thailand to play golf nearly every week-end using visa exemption.

I'm only in and out 5-6 times a year, too busy working overseas.

There will be no limit on the number of entries. The latest news is that it the new rules will only be for those that just leave and return to get a new entry. You will not be effected by the new rules.

Again, what should be the period one must remain outside Thailand before he is considered "just leave and return" ?

If i understand the rules i read....

If you have had 3 x Back 2 Back Tourist Visas. (9 months to include ext.s ).then you must remain out of the country for 3 months...

So say you had three back to back tourist visas, is this just a 6 month double/triple entry visa i.e. one application to Thai consulate? And after this how long would it be whether you left it at 6 month or extended to up to 9 before you could re enter on an exemption? And if you wanted to be able to come in and out over a year would you be better just using exemptions albeit that you would have to stay out for longer i.e. not one day? Thank you

"Wonder why the Koreans have been singled out as a special group that will receive special attention ..."

Koreans famously running entire Plazas of dodgy businesses in BKK and other areas, using illegal labor, not paying proper tax.

Edited by arunsakda

If i understand the rules i read....

If you have had 3 x Back 2 Back Tourist Visas. (9 months to include ext.s ).then you must remain out of the country for 3 months...

could you pm me with a copy of those rules?

More than a few hour for sure. Perhaps a day or two will be enough. At the moment there is no way to say for sure what it will be. But I would guess it will not be more than a few days. There are many tourists that leave and return after just a couple of days.

Joe do you think that would apply to double and triple entry visas too?