wifi internet in a rented condo

tomtom345

hi all i'm planing to rent a condo in the 10k-13k baht price range is the wifi conection in such condos usually good? if it's not good at times can i change it to another internet comapany?

if so how do i do it? and how much does it cost to do it?

Shared building wifi is usually pretty bad though there are some exceptions. Depending on your requirements and location one of the 99B wifi packages from the likes of True or DTAC may suit you. Other options may be ADSL or cable, all depending on which building you are in.

I suggest you see what your building wifi is like before deciding.

• Like 1

You may have to pay your condo management a 1 off fee for broadband installation,that's supposing you have a phone line to your condo.

Because they should check the internal lines,the company who supplies the modem are not usually allowed to check internals.

maybe like myself you may have a internet shop closeby who offers a wifi connection for a princely sum of 250 baht monthly,which is adequate for surfing playing online games etc,and i even dl movies.

So check it out before you decide on entering a broadband contract for 1 year or 2.

tomtom, use the wifi when it works and then have a backup elsewhere. For example, I got a True Move dongle, buy a sim for it and pay around 400 baht for 1 GB, that usually is valid for 30 days. I use wifi for emails and youtube and the dongle for internet banking or when the wifi is slow.

So yes you can switch between wifi and your own 3G or 4G provider.