Mukdahan Immigration, 30 day extension on TR double entry

I went to Mukdahan Immigration yesterday for a 30 day extension on the first half of my Double Entry TR visa. It was very quiet, only one other person the whole time I was there. When I first arrived, I went to the application table for the required document. Before I could do anything my passport was looked at by three agents. They all smiled and said OK. I was three days before my first 60 days was up. It appeared that they were looking for overstay. Being there before the last day was for my piece of mind but I believe it showed I was trying to be compliant with the rules. They really were very courteous and helpful since I wasn't familiar with the routine. I have a Thai wife and son(US/Thai) and my wife was with me. That definitely helped. Using our house address as my location instead of a hotel required my wife to show her ID card and sign a photo copy of it. I explained that I only need 19 days since I will be returning to the States on Aug 5th and will be going to Oslo for work for at least a year. I don't know if they were listening or understood what I was saying but they told me in English and repeated to my wife in Thai that I have to return before Aug 20th to use the second half of my TR visa. I have 3 in/out border runs in my passport from over two years ago(I misunderstood the date stamp on the double entry visa). I came here from Iraq in March, stayed 30 days, returned to the US for two weeks and flew back to Thailand. I received another 30 days and went to Savannahket for my TR double entry at the end of that 30 days. This was in mid/late May and the start of all the visa issues. Everything went smoothly and I came back through Mukdahan without any problem. I do not live here full time and only stay as long as it takes to find another contract or for a project to start. I can meet the requirements for marriage/dependent/retirement visa's but the TR is just easier and I really am on vacation. From any dealings I have had with Immigration I've found a smile and politeness to the officer no matter how they act is at the very least helpful. They really have you at their mercy and it doesn't matter if you are 100% legit. They can make it difficut for you. As I stated above, it was mentioned three different times for me to return before the 20th of Aug to use the second half of my visa. I understand that it is up to the border agent when arriving but the officials I dealt with at Immigration didn't in any way imply there would be a problem at the border in my case. I believe there are many here in a situation similar to mine and many are nervous(I know I was). All I can say is, be polite, LISTEN to them(they like that), state your case calmly and you should be just fine. Unfortunately, I can only report you should be fine. Good Luck to All!!