Most famous street food market in Bangkok

Damian Lewis

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 4:58 AM, KhunLA said:

Personally I'd avoid the most famous, unless you enjoy crowds & over pricing.  Google for list of, Gmap to cross reference reviews & opening times, or start w/Gmaps.

YouTube for real life experiences.  I'd recommend this YT'er ... "Mickey Stotch"

I remember how miserable you were regarding the subject over on tripadvisor. What happened - you got banned ?

For the OP - see the train ratchada night markets.

Edited by DonniePeverley

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I remember how miserable you were regarding the subject over on tripadvisor. What happened - you got banned ?

For the OP - see the train ratchada night markets.

Yep ... couldn't tell people that mRNA vaccines weren't a good Idea if you were healthy, and spike proteins shouldn't be injected in you. 

Especially suggest keeping the borders shut until covid mutated itself down to something more manageable, as that's what virus do.  Or masks are fairly useless.   Buddha forbid in 2020, you suggested TH wouldn't open till maybe high season, 2022.  If they do open, don't bother, as everything is shuttered.

Seems everyone forgot the basics they were taught in school.   Can't remind people what the definition of 'vaccine' use to be and what a PREP is, or VAERS #s are real. 

Might effect bookings if tell people to don't bother, or don't pay in advance, as refunds will be slow coming, if ever, if they file bankruptcy.   

Sometimes I hate being correct, ... oh well.  Use to get msg from a couple, telling me, every time they reminded people I was correct, their posts got censored.

TA was advertising tours that just weren't operating, and people were still booking stuff.  Think a lot people lost a lot of money.

Still have a username that works, but can't remember last time I read TA.  Can't interact with people that ignorant or child like replies.   The censoring is mind boggling.  

Why I ignore so much here on AN also.   AN is a quick read now.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yep ... couldn't tell people that mRNA vaccines weren't a good Idea if you were healthy, and spike proteins shouldn't be injected in you. 

Especially suggest keeping the borders shut until covid mutated itself down to something more manageable, as that's what virus do.  Or masks are fairly useless.   Buddha forbid in 2020, you suggested TH wouldn't open till maybe high season, 2022.  If they do open, don't bother, as everything is shuttered.

Seems everyone forgot the basics they were taught in school.   Can't remind people what the definition of 'vaccine' use to be and what a PREP is, or VAERS #s are real. 

Might effect bookings if tell people to don't bother, or don't pay in advance, as refunds will be slow coming, if ever, if they file bankruptcy.   

Sometimes I hate being correct, ... oh well.  Use to get msg from a couple, telling me, every time they reminded people I was correct, their posts got censored.

TA was advertising tours that just weren't operating, and people were still booking stuff.  Think a lot people lost a lot of money.

Still have a username that works, but can't remember last time I read TA.  Can't interact with people that ignorant or child like replies.   The censoring is mind boggling.  

Why I ignore so much here on AN also.   AN is a quick read now.  

It's censored by one or two posters who are clearly just advertising their tours, and throw in some cliched answers to some questions so they can do so. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Street food is not safe to eat because it is prepared in the filthy polluted street. Why would you want to eat this crap?

Miserable rubbish.

Some people like to experience different things, different cultures and different cuisine.

I have been eating street food (not daily, but regularly) for 28 years and have never got sick. I have had food poisoning once in that time and that was from oysters at the seafood restaurant on Suk 24 ("If it swims we have it"). Never went back.

If you want to stick to McDonalds that's fine, but don't spoil other people's threads - why post when you have nothing constructive to say?

I agree with the poster above who suggests Ratchada train night market although I haven't been for a few years. I used to work near there so went regularly but now I work in a different part of the city so haven't been back.

Edited by josephbloggs

If you see street food that is cooked fresh, high temperatures then go for it. 

Most of the food you see in food courts, has been left out there all day, and they just reheat it for you. That can't be that great either. 

I like going Or Tor Kor market which is only 10 minutes from my place. They have a great "street food" section. Best Pad Krapao in my opinion. Plus lots of other goodies. Easy parking for cars and motorbikes too. Opposite Chatuchak Market and there is an exit from MRT Kamphang Phet station right at the market. 

• Agree 1

Yaowarat is famous for food. And it is full of tourists, especially tourist with cameras. And at least some of their food cost 5 times as much as the same food in other parts of Bangkok.

I was at another famous food market (something with railway-name) years ago. It was extremely overcrowded. Horrible.