I've just gone through immigration at swampy 28/28

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's risky asking these questions to immigration officers though as that may point them in the direction that you're not a tourist which will lead them to further questions to then face possible deportation no?

I don't know. I would have possibly kept quiet about it all. For most people it's time to leave and get the right visa. sad.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I don't agree. I'd much rather hear it for myself than rely on the words of other people and message boards. (no offence to TV or anyone that has posted) It's their job to inform us of the situation. I don't see Thai people in a bad light like many do, especially those online. I've never had an issue with a Thai offical when i have asked a straight forwards question.

The FOUR different officials i asked about me returning after the 12th were all very helpful

Hi Bear

Thanks for the info, I am in the same boat on 6 x 6 rotation like lots of other expats ,just seem to have got caught up in between renewing my Retirement visa, was meant to do it last month. Lets hope I can get a sympathetic ear(or one of them 4 officials) when I arrive home, I can not get a visa in the country I work in ,

Hope some one can advise me on the following dilemma , i am married, have two kids been in Thailand a far while mostly on non O to start with, then the other year on retirement visa multi entry.
My retirement and multi entry ran out in may , but i entered before the visa run out date so had the xtra time on the visa to run, but during this time i had to go back to the UK, got a new passport and returned to Thailand ,fully intending to re new my Retirement visa ,how ever i got a call to do some work and left the country on the 16th July.
I am due back to Thailand on the 27th Aug ,i have already one VOA in my passport ,will i be refused entry.
I have a copy of marriage and kids birth certificates with me plus my bank books will this help ? May just have to wait till after the 12th Aug to see if this will give a problem getting back in.

Hi All

After reading through the new immigration order, it looks like most expat workers will have problems after (if not already) the 29th Aug., i have 2 VOA one in my old passport ,and one in the new , may have some problems getting back in to re start the process of a new retirement visa , as above I have every thing in order ,may have to risk it and see, or book a trip to Manila and get a single entry ,get back in then re new my retirement visa.

One glimmer of hope is there must be hundreds of expat off shore workers entering the Kingdom ,and have not seen any one yet refused entry ,if you explain your self rightly , they can see you I am not a in out next day ,I have my old passport with my old regiment visa ,and them my pervious O visa for the last 5/6 years Fingers xxx

Andy

Edited by ANDY2463

After reading through the new immigration order, it looks like most expat workers will have problems after (if not already) the 29th Aug., i have 2 VOA one in my old passport ,and one in the new , may have some problems getting back in to re start the process of a new retirement visa , as above I have every thing in order ,may have to risk it and see, or book a trip to Manila and get a single entry ,get back in then re new my retirement visa.

One glimmer of hope is there must be hundreds of expat off shore workers entering the Kingdom ,and have not seen any one yet refused entry ,if you explain your self rightly , they can see you I am not a in out next day ,I have my old passport with my old regiment visa ,and them my pervious O visa for the last 5/6 years Fingers xxx

You have visa exempt entries not Visa on Arrival.

There is nothing in the immigration order about people using visa exempt entry in an allowed manner, e.g. what you guys do all the time.

Surely it's risky asking these questions to immigration officers though as that may point them in the direction that you're not a tourist which will lead them to further questions to then face possible deportation no?

I don't know. I would have possibly kept quiet about it all. For most people it's time to leave and get the right visa. sad.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I don't agree. I'd much rather hear it for myself than rely on the words of other people and message boards. (no offence to TV or anyone that has posted) It's their job to inform us of the situation. I don't see Thai people in a bad light like many do, especially those online. I've never had an issue with a Thai offical when i have asked a straight forwards question.

The FOUR different officials i asked about me returning after the 12th were all very helpful

Hi Bear

Thanks for the info, I am in the same boat on 6 x 6 rotation like lots of other expats ,just seem to have got caught up in between renewing my Retirement visa, was meant to do it last month. Lets hope I can get a sympathetic ear(or one of them 4 officials) when I arrive home, I can not get a visa in the country I work in ,

Hope some one can advise me on the following dilemma , i am married, have two kids been in Thailand a far while mostly on non O to start with, then the other year on retirement visa multi entry.
My retirement and multi entry ran out in may , but i entered before the visa run out date so had the xtra time on the visa to run, but during this time i had to go back to the UK, got a new passport and returned to Thailand ,fully intending to re new my Retirement visa ,how ever i got a call to do some work and left the country on the 16th July.
I am due back to Thailand on the 27th Aug ,i have already one VOA in my passport ,will i be refused entry.
I have a copy of marriage and kids birth certificates with me plus my bank books will this help ? May just have to wait till after the 12th Aug to see if this will give a problem getting back in.

I am in a similar situation doing 10weeks on/off and due to fly back in on the 13th August. I have an 1yr extension of stay based on ED at the moment with multi re-enty permit as there was no other real option for me.....getting a bit worried reading the stories online at the mo! I've printed out my contract, bank statements payslips etc so can hopefully prove that my earnings come from offshore and not illegally working in Thailand if questioned.

I shall post how I get on.

The new rules are not targeting people who come and go to Thailand, only people who live (and work) in Thailand on visa exempt entries and go out and in again to continue to stay in Thailand.

Persons with a large gap (weeks) between exit and entry should not need to worry.

• Like 1

I am in a similar situation doing 10weeks on/off and due to fly back in on the 13th August. I have an 1yr extension of stay based on ED at the moment with multi re-enty permit as there was no other real option for me.....getting a bit worried reading the stories online at the mo! I've printed out my contract, bank statements payslips etc so can hopefully prove that my earnings come from offshore and not illegally working in Thailand if questioned.

You may be questioned about your Thai knowledge level, where do you go to school, and why you have been away so long.

Working abroad is clearly contrasting with studying in Thailand, so be prepared for that.

Better would be you obtain a Tourist visa to avoid any unpleasant situation.

You may be questioned about your Thai knowledge level, where do you go to school, and why you have been away so long.

Working abroad is clearly contrasting with studying in Thailand, so be prepared for that.

It is very difficult for me to get a tourist visa as when I get off the boat I just fly straight back to Thailand. I may just not mention my 1yr ED extension of stay and re-entry permit and just pass through swampy on a visa exempt stamp. Just sat in the lounge in Dubai waiting for the last leg trying to decide which option to use. I read in another thread that the 1yr ED extensions obtained through agents are exactly what they will be clamping down on.......Think I might just bite the bullet and go for the Thai Elite card when I get to Thailand.

It is very difficult for me to get a tourist visa as when I get off the boat I just fly straight back to Thailand. I may just not mention my 1yr ED extension of stay and re-entry permit and just pass through swampy on a visa exempt stamp. Just sat in the lounge in Dubai waiting for the last leg trying to decide which option to use. I read in another thread that the 1yr ED extensions obtained through agents are exactly what they will be clamping down on.......Think I might just bite the bullet and go for the Thai Elite card when I get to Thailand.

is there not a thai embassy/consulate in dubai?

is there not a thai embassy/consulate in dubai?

Yes, probably could arrange a day stopover in Dubai for a tourist visa...i'm always eager to get home after 10 weeks work though!

Anyway, here is my story of what happened at Immigration today;

I filled out TM card, ticked holiday and left visa section blank.....walked up to desk, officer asks how are you, sabai dee krup lao khun la? I reply, sabi dee ka she says and smiles looks at my TM card, scans my passport on computer (not sure if it flagged up something), she then flicks through my passport and asks why I don't use my visa (extension of stay with re-entry permit). I told her I am not going to school and only on holiday......mai phen rai she says, use visa can stay longer! smiles, stamps my passport and writes entry permitted to Feb 2015, she then asks what I work as to which I reply wit sawagon ubon rua (engineer on a ship) hands me my passport back and i'm on my way smile.png

I was flying Business so through the fast track...don't know if it is just my imagination but the immigration always seem to treat you a bit better.

• Like 1

Hey lads anyone came in in the last few days had any problems?

I'm due back on thursday 21st, I've been out of country for almost 3 months and will be coming in on visa exempt, have a return flight etc booked but my passport is full of exempt stamps over the last few years although most are in for a month then out for 2 or 3, hoping I wont have any issues.

Rudi

Hi All, just opened a new topic but been asked post here.

Just to let you's all know my experience yesterday at Bangkok airport. I Landed in morning around 11am and made my way to the immigration control, the officer asked me a number of time why i was in Thailand, i answered for a holiday and to visit my wife. He then called over a female officer who took me to one side and explained that to visit Thailand regular i would need to apply for the correct visa prior to arriving, she took a copy of my passport and informed me that i would be denied entry if i attempted to enter with a visa on arrivals again.

Now a little about myself, I work offshore and have been visiting Thailand for the last 4years, my rotation is 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, i regularly do more than 4 weeks at work which eats into my time off and once a year i return to the UK to visit family, meaning each year i visit Thailand 5 times and stay no longer than 30days, my passport is just over a year old and has 5 entry/exit stamps in it, i have never done a visa run and never overstayed, each time i leave Thailand i stay out of the country for 30day or more. When in Thailand i stay with my wife in rented accommodation all in the wife's name.

If you're married to a Thai, wouldn't it make sense to get the appropriate visa/extension?

5 years of 28/28 and not a problem. But now they change the rules. Whilst waiting for a new job and taking time off, I had holidays in Australia, KL, Luang Prabang and then at the final hurdle I have to wait 2 weeks to get the new work visa. So I did a Visa run to Cambodia... I went on the new job and came back to Thailand after 8 weeks unaware of any of this new crackdown. I get to immigration and 2 officers discuss and go over and over the pages of my passport Then they called a senior guy who came and looked at it when I explained what I did it was OK. But they were not happy about the visa run. They told me basically to never do it again. It was the leaving and arriving on the same day that flagged it up.

I leave Thailand again in 12 days for another 8 weeks. Hopefully when I come back the crackdown will be over ....until the next one....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's me just touched down and taxi to the arrivals. Let's see what happens. I am armed with my contracts, pay slips and my flight out to UK next week

hahahahaha nice one , that was me 3 weeks agoand in the end I was threough in 30 seconds. Back again next Thursday and still got a Plethora of documents , just got a new 1 year Resident work Visa for Malaysia so that should help

• Like 1

That's me just touched down and taxi to the arrivals. Let's see what happens. I am armed with my contracts, pay slips and my flight out to UK next week

hahahahaha nice one , that was me 3 weeks agoand in the end I was threough in 30 seconds. Back again next Thursday and still got a Plethora of documents , just got a new 1 year Resident work Visa for Malaysia so that should help

Next time I'll have a type o through being married

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Me too in October. I wonder how many others are getting hitched thanks to Immigration. I should have really got married 5 years ago , but work and that , you know how it is

• Like 1

Me too in October. I wonder how many others are getting hitched thanks to Immigration. I should have really got married 5 years ago , but work and that , you know how it is

I'll get shit for this but I'm

Paying an agent 20k to get it all done Friday morning. Then get visa when we go to Scotland next week

"I'll get shit for this but I'm
Paying an agent 20k to get it all done Friday morning. Then get visa when we go to Scotland next week "

I was going to pay similar to get dependency Visa for my kids , then I found out how easy a spousal Visa is to get in Penang , which is where I live and work , so I did it that way

Cheers Franky and others, like yourself I'm always a little apprehensive, no reason to be but always am, my mind has been put at ease, like yourself I plan on getting my marraige visa ASAP as have been married a few years and have a couple kids, just never have the time and up until now never really needed it,

what agency you use mate? as may go down this route also as cant be arsed trecking wife and kids round and after nearly a 3month project looking to just chill.

I was told the marriage visa is issued in the 3rd month of a 90 day single entry. Which means i cant go back on rotation. This leaves a 12 months multi entry. But i would need to get this out of Thailand and can take up to 2 weeks..... so I believe?

I decided to email Hull Consulate about 28/28 and visa on arrival this is their reply and my original question to them:

Dear Mr Micky Plumb

So long as you have a ticket proving you are leaving Thailand within the 30 days permitted period, you should not have a problem. As someone married to a Thai National it is open to you to apply for a non-immigrant multi-entry O visa, which lasts for a year. I attach information and paragraph 1) on page 4 sets out the evidence required. This is relevant of course to someone applying here in the UK. Have you asked about obtaining a marriage visa in Thailand, although I am not certain if this would be on the same basis as the one supplied here in the UK.

Regards

Royal Thai Consulate (Hull)

Sent: 19 August 2014 10:05

To: Enquiries

Subject: Visa

Sir

Please can you advise me. I work on rotation of 28 days on and 28 days off.

I own a condo in Bang , have a yellow book, a Thai son and a Thai wife.

Am I allowed to continue to use the visa exempt at the airport?

If not, seeing as I am working, I can not have my passport stay with immigration for a 3 month period.

Is there a visa I can use? Multi Entry / Exit.

Best regards

Micky

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses through McAfee SaaS

I was told the marriage visa is issued in the 3rd month of a 90 day single entry. Which means i cant go back on rotation. This leaves a 12 months multi entry. But i would need to get this out of Thailand and can take up to 2 weeks..... so I believe?

You are writing about an extension of stay based upon marriage it is not a visa.

If you had single entry visa you could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry and do your rotation and then apply for the extension when you returned. But if you are on 28/28 rotation it would be very hard to get the extension done because of the 30 day under consideration period you have after applying before you get the extension stamp.

You can get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos and at the moment get it on the same date you apply. No financial proof is asked for.

• Like 1

Cheers Franky and others, like yourself I'm always a little apprehensive, no reason to be but always am, my mind has been put at ease, like yourself I plan on getting my marraige visa ASAP as have been married a few years and have a couple kids, just never have the time and up until now never really needed it,

what agency you use mate? as may go down this route also as cant be arsed trecking wife and kids round and after nearly a 3month project looking to just chill.

I'm using Paul at Thai visa express who is one of the sites sponsors. Dealt with him before. He gets the job done.

You are writing about an extension of stay based upon marriage it is not a visa.

If you had single entry visa you could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry and do your rotation and then apply for the extension when you returned. But if you are on 28/28 rotation it would be very hard to get the extension done because of the 30 day under consideration period you have after applying before you get the extension stamp.

You can get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos and at the moment get it on the same date you apply. No financial proof is asked for.

I jus checked with the Penang consulate , if you get it in by 11-30 , they will issue the next day for the spousal 1 year

• Like 1

I jus checked with the Penang consulate , if you get it in by 11-30 , they will issue the next day for the spousal 1 year

Do you have 400k baht in the bank? From reports on here that is one of their requirements.