Project Manager for House build

I'm looking for a project manager to oversea the building of my house.

It would bascially be a full time job as I can't be onsite for parts of the build due to my own work commitments plus I don't have enough indepth knowledge know whether I'm being played, ie: 'of course that how's it's done in the trade'.

I expect it to take about 12months.

Where would I go to find someone fitting the bill who is trustworthy & capable?

The house is being built in the Sattahip area but not ready to start just yet.

Hi.

I have someone building my shop in ChongNosi. I can certanly recommend him. His name is Manny. 0846408483

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bangkok-Construction/1402376466673320

If you want to ask me more info just let me know.

Kindest Regards

Allan

Dont have faceache but sounds Filipina to me.....

Since you have a licensed architect, otherwise you wouldn't get a building license, why don't you engage him for supervision. Those guys know their job, and as an addition you have some stick to hit with if it turns out after a few years that there are construction errors.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2

You would be better off with an independent translator, since most of these "project managers" are in bed with the contractor / builder.  A translator has nothing to gain and can insure that your wishes are being followed and the terms of the contract you sign are being followed 

Unfortunately  a project manager has to worry about his next job so he will do everything to keep the builder happy since you are just a transient in his business life

As others have said you must be actively engaged in the build to insure you get what you want, otherwise you might just as well just purchase a finished house and live with the compromises 

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Like 2

You would be better off with an independent translator, since most of these "project managers" are in bed with the contractor / builder.  A translator has nothing to gain and can insure that your wishes are being followed and the terms of the contract you sign are being followed 

Unfortunately  a project manager has to worry about his next job so he will do everything to keep the builder happy since you are just a transient in his business life

As others have said you must be actively engaged in the build to insure you get what you want, otherwise you might just as well just purchase a finished house and live with the compromises 

Project manager at 50k per month, x 12 = 600,000 baht extra on your house build.

Or you could go to a reputable company, with a written contract and tiered payments.

You may well have better luck walking into the first bar of Soi Cowboy and asking the mama san for the girl who speaks the best English

• Like 1

Project manager at 50k per month, x 12 = 600,000 baht extra on your house build.

Or you could go to a reputable company, with a written contract and tiered payments.

You may well have better luck walking into the first bar of Soi Cowboy and asking the mama san for the girl who speaks the best English

Project managers charge a percentage on the building cost, not a fee per month.

Come up to Bkk and tell that to my BIL.

Yes in a way you are correct, its built into the purchase price that the customer doesnt know about.

On second thoughts, the BIL is too busy in, Burma, Vietnam and Cambodia to avail himself of such nit noy crap.

Do you really expect some guy to work for a %age of a crap 2 million baht house, they are too busy making money elsewhere.

Best the OP gets a decent company to build his house rather than SomChai and SomBoon up country "jam gat" limited

Come up to Bkk and tell that to my BIL.

Yes in a way you are correct, its built into the purchase price that the customer doesnt know about.

On second thoughts, the BIL is too busy in, Burma, Vietnam and Cambodia to avail himself of such nit noy crap.

Do you really expect some guy to work for a %age of a crap 2 million baht house, they are too busy making money elsewhere.

Best the OP gets a decent company to build his house rather than SomChai and SomBoon up country "jam gat" limited

Do you really expect some guy to work for a %age of a crap 2 million baht house

2 million Baht houses don't engage project managers. I also haven't seen any mention in the OP that he intends to build a crap house.

Edited by JesseFrank

^^^^^,

perhaps the OP should get back to us, Sattahip?

Plenty of 2 million baht cookie cutter houses littered all over the place, take your pick.

Otherwise stand by and expect to be inundated by PMs from our resident realtor experts promosing him all sorts.

Bang Saray or Huay Yai are nice this time of year I hear.