strange allergic

h90

I went to Europe and after 3 days I start to get allergic...itching nose, sniffing, sneeze.

I thought I am allergic to some flowers, grass or trees.

But strange it didn't change much with the location (inside house, outside, much cooler area).

When I came back to Thailand it was good again. Than it came again.

The only difference I figured out:

In Austria and than later per coincident in Thailand, I eat lots of

bread

sausage

beer

Normally I don't eat bread, sausage and beer at all. Is it possible to be allergic to one of these but feeling it in the nose (not guts)?

I can exclude alcohol. And argument against wheat is that I regularly eat musli here and don't have any problems with it.

Or I am complete wrong with the food and it is just a coincident?

My first test will be to not eat bread sausage and beer anymore........if I feel no allergic anymore I add one of it every month and look what happens.

Unlikely the food. Not uncommon for some people to have a sneeze after drinking some wine or so but this is not really an allergy.

The other reaction to wine (only) is a sensitivity to sulfides in wine which causes severe flushing of face and upper body but not accompanied by sneezing etc.

You may have been sensitized by a plant or other allergy and the body now reacts to allergens here which it would not normally do.

Would suggest a few days of an antihistamine like Zyrtec to get the reaction under control and reduce the levels of histamine in the blood which is what makes the body sensitive to almost any stimulus.

Unlikely the food. Not uncommon for some people to have a sneeze after drinking some wine or so but this is not really an allergy.

The other reaction to wine (only) is a sensitivity to sulfides in wine which causes severe flushing of face and upper body but not accompanied by sneezing etc.

You may have been sensitized by a plant or other allergy and the body now reacts to allergens here which it would not normally do.

Would suggest a few days of an antihistamine like Zyrtec to get the reaction under control and reduce the levels of histamine in the blood which is what makes the body sensitive to almost any stimulus.

yes I thought of the wine as well. I drank lots of it in Europe and some in Thailand. But drank it in Thailand before without effects (but different brand).

I a bit allergic to house dust (mite) but can't feel it normally. It would be possible that the plant allergy just made me feel the dust.

I'll wait a few days if it fades on itself. And avoid the food + wine to be on the safe side of everything. If doesn't help I'll try the antihistamine for a few days.