Direct flight to link Kunming, Thailand's Samui

This just came through on a Google Alert for KS.

Direct flight to link Kunming, Thailand's Samui
  English.news.cn   2014-08-03 16:51:12 fanxiang13.gif fanxiang12.gif bigphoto_tit6_b.gif t+.gift-.gif
BEIJING, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Yunnan Lucky Air, a subsidiary of HNA Group, will launch a direct air route linking the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming with Thailand's resort island Koh Samui, starting from Aug. 12.

The flight will cut travel time between the two regions to around two hours and 45 minutes.

The route will be served every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with outbound and inbound flights numbered 8L9897 and 8L9898.

Koh Samui in Thailand's southern Surat Thani province is a popular travel destination for Chinese tourists.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-08/03/c_133528487.htm 

I saw the news earlier today, I am wondering about a couple of things:

1.  Which flight is getting cut to allow this one in, is it just one of the USM -> BKK now that most have moved onto A319s and so you can drop a flight without affecting capacity or is someone else getting cut back?

2.  How long until Bangkok Air announces a route into Shanghai or Beijing since I cannot see them letting someone else into USM without getting something for themselves.