Thai hub for organic products sought

webfact

I think the first thing that needs to happen is that the commerce ministry defines what 'organic'actually is and entails for the farmers. 

For example as part the soil association (UK) certification process requires farmers keeping the following records (livestock farming) 

·          Product specification sheets

·          Goods in records

·          Production records

·          Derogations for non-organic ingredients if used

·          Non GMO declarations

·          Sales and goods out records

·          Certification documents for imported organic ingredients

·          Cleaning and hygiene schedules

·          Pest control records

·          Complaints register

Organic isn't simply just growing stuff without synthetic chemicals. 

Your list ... and much much more ... has already been established for years and is administered and enforced by international organic certification ... including testing for pesticides, fungicides, etc. for the  farm soils and the products they produce. 

seriously if i googled these 2 words : "thailand " and "hub", i am pretty sure i will get at least 1 billions web link....

Actually what I see on tv.com way many more times than stories about Thai hubs, is posts/comments bitching on and on about the Thai hubs stories. You know, you don't have to knee-jerk comment each and every time you see the word hub. 

Edited by HerbalEd

How about organic imported foods ?

I have a great source.

Does any one know what it would take to import organic products from America ?

And, does anyone have contacts to sell such products in quantity ex: Tesco, Big C, etc..... ? 

there is baht to be made thumbsup.gif

A country so corrupt as Thailand,... even when I would get a BIO / Organic certificate signed by the prime minister and all other Thai ministers, it would not be worth more as waste paper...

Organic certification is not signed by the prime minister and/or all other Thai ministers...but a good thought to keep with the anti thailand theme...unfortunately you know nothing about organic food either.

• Like 1