Israel offers Gaza truce extension

webfact

Israel offers Gaza truce extension but Hamas rejection reported

JERUSALEM: -- Israel has offered to extend a three-day ceasefire in Gaza which began on Tuesday after nearly a month of conflict, Israeli officials say.

However, unconfirmed reports on social media suggest the militant Hamas movement, which controls Gaza, has not agreed to the extension.

Egypt has been mediating in indirect Israeli-Palestinian talks.

More than 1,800 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 67 Israelis, mainly soldiers, have died in the conflict.

A Thai national in Israel was also killed.

A senior Israeli official told the BBC Israel had expressed its readiness to extend the truce under its current terms beyond its expiry on Friday.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28683800

[bbc]2014-08-07[/bbc]

Stupid move from Israelis. Nothing more than a PR stunt. They know the reaction. Nothing less than destruction of Hamas will help. NOTE! Not destruction of Palestinian Arabs! Destruction of Hamas!
  • Like 1

Hamas rejecting the truce is a darn good reason to go back  in and finish the job, but it may not be the politically expedient thing to do. Unfortunately, in the modern world, that has to be taken into consideration. 

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Truces are AGREED, not IMPOSED.

Hamas proposes a truce based on the lifting of the blockade, the Zionists REJECT that. Why?

Because arms imports would flood into Gaza and the human shields would be redeployed as human bombs the moment people were allowed to cross into Israel - the practical elimination of suicide bombings after the security fence was completed illustrates this point.

p.s I'm quite looking forward to the contortions of logic that will ensue when Hamas break the ceasefire.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

Hamas proposes a truce based on the lifting of the blockade, the Zionists REJECT that. Why?

Because arms imports would flood into Gaza and the human shields would be redeployed as human bombs the moment people were allowed to cross into Israel - the practical elimination of suicide bombings after the security fence was completed illustrates this point.

p.s I'm quite looking forward to the contortions of logic that will ensue when Hamas break the ceasefire.

How can you break a ceasefire that you did not agree too? That's the contortion of logic that we expect to see from the Zionists

How can you break a ceasefire that you did not agree too? That's the contortion of logic that we expect to see from the Zionists
They broke the last five they did agree to, but if Hamas don't agree to an extension I hope the Israelis take such refusal as a suicide note and finally oblige Hamas with no more pauses in the fighting until they surrender unconditionally.

is it too much to ask to at least lift the blockade, especially since militants in gaza are going to have these homemade rockets that cause few deaths and little damage.. and the palestinians in gaza are not getting freedom of movement to israel, or thru israel so they can go back and forth between gaza and the west bank..the peace negotiations 25 years ago were supposed to create freedom of movement so some palestinians could goto the westbank-the other half of palestine, that never happened because the israelis want less palestinians in the westbank and more cramed into the gaza bantustan..

so all hamas can ask for is a lousy lifting of the blockade, and they can't even get that.

Hamas rejecting the truce is a darn good reason to go back  in and finish the job, but it may not be the politically expedient thing to do. Unfortunately, in the modern world, that has to be taken into consideration. 

Every time your boys go in to "finish the job", they come out losers in every sense of the word, except body count.

Yeah, because the Public Opinion of political prostitutes like Jpublic is counted.  And this is a big mistake. Those 'public women' go by the one hit rate.

is it too much to ask to at least lift the blockade, especially since militants in gaza are going to have these homemade rockets that cause few deaths and little damage.. and the palestinians in gaza are not getting freedom of movement to israel, or thru israel so they can go back and forth between gaza and the west bank..the peace negotiations 25 years ago were supposed to create freedom of movement so some palestinians could goto the westbank-the other half of palestine, that never happened because the israelis want less palestinians in the westbank and more cramed into the gaza bantustan..

so all hamas can ask for is a lousy lifting of the blockade, and they can't even get that.

Hamas wants to take over all Israel and kill the millions of Jews there. Jews in history have learned a hard lesson. When people say they plan to kill the Jews ... they MEAN it. Lift the blockade so they can arm better and quicker? You might be suicidal but in general not a good plan. 

I'm pretty sure the Hamas spokesperson would deny that 'they want to kill millions of jews' .. ASIF making the grouse lies about Hamas justifies apartheid.. there were blacks in the old south africa that were pretty angry at the whites and would  make grouse statements like 'push the whites into the sea', Nelson Mandela admitted that in his book(s) if 1 palestinain says something like 'kill jews' after his house was demolished and his family killed-then the palestinians are all nazi's

Hamas does not have the power to kill large numbers of israeli's, its the Palestinians that just suffered thousands of deaths(mostly civilian) when the israeli's suffered a few dozen, mostly israeli soldiers fighting in gaza.. 

Some of these Palestinians dont think that Israel should exist as a political state, that it should be abolished that doesn't mean they want 'millions of jews dead' .

The zionists attempt to equate hamas to nazi's, nazi's that were exterminating jews during a world war that killed more than 50 million people (6 million being those jews the nazis killed, and many of those dying of sickness and starvation in the last 2 years before the nazi's were defeated.. is a joke to put it mildly..

Like ANY and ALL zionist oppression is justified because they can just keep saying these people they have crammed into bantustans are 'nazi's'  

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1

You're wrong. Their political rhetoric speaks of mass murdering Jews who don't flee. It's hilarious how progressives project their admirable liberal values on a radical Islamist Jihadist force like Hamas. No, they aren't like you. They really are a cult of death. Israel is correct to keep them down. They would be CRAZY not too. They would be over if they didn't.  Yes Hamas is much weaker than Israel. That's a good thing. If they were much stronger than Israel, there would be no Israel. They have no intention if they win and take over Israel of living in peace with Jews. Their intention, clearly communicated, again is to chase the Jews out and kill all the Jews that resist. 

Also, don't kid yourself, the Jihadist ideology is not ONLY anti-Zionist, anti- state of Israel existing, but ALSO deeply and radically JEW HATING.

Again, Jews have done the passive suicide thing before. Criticized for it. Been there. Done that. NEVER AGAIN. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the Hamas spokesperson would deny that 'they want to kill millions of jews'

If your point is that Hamas would lie for political purposes, you might have a point, but their charter does not just call for the destruction of Israel, but also for murdering Jews anywhere and everywhere. Very few people, in the know, doubt that is exactly what they would do if given half a chance.

The Hamas charter does not call for murdering jews everywhere, just because they are jews..

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/hamas-spokesman-jewish-friends-224234398.html?.tsrc=metrosnw

"We will resist occupation. And they can't hide [by] being Jews. I have Jewish friends who are supporting Palestinian rights," Hamdan replied, according to video posted by Mediaite. "They are supporting Palestinian rights and they are our friends."

Hamdan also made a theological point about how Muslims believe in some of the same prophets as Christians and Jews.

"We don't have a problem with the Jews as they are Jewish people. In fact, we believe in Moses. We believe in Jesus. We believe in Mohammed. We respect all three of them the same," he said.

The people in Gaza are under oppression and there are various attitudes , there are also jewish extemists in the settlements that advocate all Palestinians should be expelled, I have seen quotes from various right wing jews saying all sorts of things about killing massive numbers of Palestinians and the israelis have the power ot do it, Hamas does not.

Your making the 'savage' argument, it was the same argument made to defend slavery and segregation in the US, and aphartheid in south africa, the israelis are insisting that they have to continue these oppresive policies because the palestinians are a bunch of savages and if you give them some freedom, they'll rampage and kill everything they see.   

• Like 1

The Hamas charter does not call for murdering jews everywhere, just because they are jews..

Yes it does. The Israel-haters seem very ignorant of just who and what it is that they are defending, but they are great at coming up with lies "mistakes" about Israel, its history and its policies.

"The Day of Judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say, 'O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.' Only the Gharkad tree would not do that, because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

Edited by Ulysses G.

Surprise surprise Hamas not only fail to extend the truce but break the existing one, making it six in a row they have broken. Predictably the BBC headline starts with the words Israeli air strikes. I hope Israel now dismantle Hamas once and for all and ignore any outside pressure from faux Liberals, who really want to save Hamas for another day as a proxy for their own ill disguised anti-Semitism.

• Like 1

Surprise surprise Hamas not only fail to extend the truce but break the existing one, making it six in a row they have broken. Predictably the BBC headline starts with the words Israeli air strikes. I hope Israel now dismantle Hamas once and for all and ignore any outside pressure from faux Liberals, who really want to save Hamas for another day as a proxy for their own ill disguised anti-Semitism.

Not sure it would be best to totally dismantle Hamas ... something worse could emerge. The "devil you know" and all that jazz ...