Pheu Thai lawyer affirms Yingluck's return to Thailand after her European trip

webfact

Pheu Thai lawyer affirms Yingluck's return to Thailand after her European trip

BANGKOK, 8 August 2014 (NNT) - Singtong Buachum, a member of Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra’s entourage on her trip to Europe, gave an assurance that the former Prime Minister would return to Thailand by August 10th.

Mr. Singtong, who is also a member of the Pheu Thai Party’s legal team, also assured that the former Prime Minister would fight her case for dereliction of duty to prevent losses in the rice-pledging scheme at the Supreme Court.

The Pheu Thai lawyer stated that he is now preparing necessary evidence and documents to defend Ms. Yingluck, after the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has refused Ms. Yingluck’s request to bring additional witnesses for the case.

[nnt]2014-08-08[/nnt]

She'll come back, she knows all the junta wants to do is charge her on some trumped up criminal offence so she gets barred from politics 5 years. She's a brave woman "she'll be back".

Typical denial, Thaksin style post, your "trumped up" agenda has been used for years, old hat and is now past it's sell by date.

How about CELL by date too /

• Like 2

I am not even sure the real reason Thaksin fled. People with a lot less means and much more serious crimes manage to elude jail sentences for many years after sentencing even if they eventually lose in the appeals process. Thaksin fled before even being convicted. If his sister has any of the same fears he did, I would expect her not to return.  

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Would it be affirm or confirm? 

Affirmation is used to demonstrate a "stronger" sense of stating a fact to be true, rather than merely saying it was, by confirming the fact. English is a wonderful language with many nuances.

• Like 2

I am not even sure the real reason Thaksin fled. People with a lot less means and much more serious crimes manage to elude jail sentences for many years after sentencing even if they eventually lose in the appeals process. Thaksin fled before even being convicted. If his sister has any of the same fears he did, I would expect her not to return.  

"People with a lot less means and much more serious crimes..."

Could you say which crimes are "more serious" than the slaughter of approximately 3,000 innocent men, women and children and dividing a country to a state of near civil war for personal profit and face? I'm curious what would be considered more serious than that.

• Like 2

Would it be affirm or confirm? 

Affirmation is used to demonstrate a "stronger" sense of stating a fact to be true, rather than merely saying it was, by confirming the fact. English is a wonderful language with many nuances.

I'd say confirm.  So where do I apply for press release writer for Yingluck? 

"People with a lot less means and much more serious crimes..."

Could you say which crimes are "more serious" than the slaughter of approximately 3,000 innocent men, women and children and dividing a country to a state of near civil war for personal profit and face? I'm curious what would be considered more serious than that.

Unless you can tell me when he was charged for any of these alleged crimes or even that there was an indication he would be charged, your question makes no sense.

I am certainly no Thaksin fan but the issues you speak of were not criminal complaints he was facing when he fled. But lets pretend there were charges ... hasn't Suthep and Abhisit actually been facing charges for the deaths of people during the riots? I don't see them fleeing or in jail and not sure if the penalty would be anymore sever for 90 deaths or 3,000. 

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

She'll come back, she knows all the junta wants to do is charge her on some trumped up criminal offence so she gets barred from politics 5 years. She's a brave woman "she'll be back".

Typical denial, Thaksin style post, your "trumped up" agenda has been used for years, old hat and is now past it's sell by date.

How about CELL by date too /

She will be in need of a   Dura-cell.---but a few pro Thaksin posters are running on them I think.

The NACC better pray that the OAG will have the evidence to charge Yingluck under Penal Code 157 or the table will be turned on them. They risk being charged for malfeasance under 157 if OAG decide not to press charge. If the NCPO audit is any sort of indication, the NACC may need to seek a powerful soothsayer. 

A lot of people had her never to return.  I guess she is better than some thought.

Maybe Chooka. Or maybe the caddy has "advised" her to return and fight the good fight, no doubt promising to be side by side (well in spirit). Every cause needs a martyr now and then.

All part of his latest plan concluded while the clan gathered in Paris.

Brave? A billionaire who could flee at anytime and live a very comfortable life indeed. She will still be treated like a VIP.

Why do you think coming back makes her brave?

Unless you are comparing her with her cowardly criminal brother.

She has the rice issues,and other investigations. The fact she did bugger all but lie and deny there were any problems, removing those who said different makes "trumped up" seem a little inappropriate. The charge is negligence. 

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1