Sauna/steam ?

S. Foster

I am looking for a place in the city of Chiang Rai that has a sauna and/or steambath. It would also be nice if there is some sort of small gym set up for a work-out. I would prefer some place cheaper than Dusit Island Resort. Any suggestions?

S. Foster

Ing Doi Resort, in the main building. Might not be cheap...

InnCome Hotel Massage closed theirs down - Thais don't use it, and too much trouble to warm up!

The place on Tanalai near C&C once had something - not sure if it was much more than the

'sauna' chair you can get in at Ran Thammachat massage in the flower and plant place just north of

oh lord - so hard to explain this town

do you know ChiangMai Gate? or where the road from the western MaeFaLuang Bridge hits the

old road to ChiangMai, just before Den Ha? A sharp, acute-angle intersection?

nevermind - I'm sure you don't want the sauna chair anyway.

Amazing what Mumbojumbo dishes up for us.

First I didn't know what he meant by it, but after enlarging the picture I knew exactly.

You are a genius Mumbojumbo!

I have to do it the oldfashioned way:

Joel mentioned two places quite close to each other. I am not sure if Mr. Foster knows the names Doi Khao Kwai (sp) and Ing Doi.

I even don't know if he knows the location of the old airport and Barry's golfcourse.

It would be of great help, that's for sure.

Let's presume that Mr. Foster finds the old airport. Then he just has to look around and he will see the big nets of the driving range.

He drives along the golfcourse, following the small curly road and after 500 meters he will be at a small crossing, a little bit on top of a small hill. A lot of foodstalls and shops.

If he goes straight on, direction Doi Khao Kwai, he will find Ing Doi after 6, 7 hundred meters at his right.

If he takes to the left and follows this road for almost 1 kilometer he will bounce into the Sportsclub.

Both places have a swimming pool and a fittness center.

The Sportsclub has a very good sauna as well (made in Finland).

Swimming (a 25 meter pool) is (was?) forty Baht, the sauna hundred. The fittness things I don't know. You have to ask them about an hour before to start heating up the little wooden room.

I didn't notice any steam.

Good luck Mr. Foster, pump the iron!

Limbo :o

If he takes to the left and follows this road for almost 1 kilometer he will bounce into the Sportsclub.

Both places have a swimming pool and a fittness center.

The Sportsclub has a very good sauna as well (made in Finland).

Swimming (a 25 meter pool) is (was?) forty Baht, the sauna hundred. The fittness things I don't know. You have to ask them about an hour before to start heating up the little wooden room.

I didn't notice any steam.

Please Drs, proffesor, Limbo

Can you explain to me again were this sportsclub is?

Here it comes..... :o

post-29230-1152265258_thumb.jpg

This photo is more than three years old so you cannot see the golfcourse.

But there are 9 very interesting holes. You don't need your driver.

I have never been to the Sports Club or Ing Doi.

Edited by svenivan

Hi guys, relax. After getting over the initial excitement of hearing from me again and realising I,m still alive, the last time I went to the sports club the fitness room had been converted into a playroom for the infants that occupy the place for most of the day.It,s basically just a nursery now although you can still go for a swim after you,ve done your 2 times up and down the old runway. Or maybe once as I,m not as young as as I look these days.

Will be back next week guys. Looking forward to it.

Are we bowling now or still talking about it?