Rent A Scooter

krey

I got a buddy coming in town for a month or  two

I already have a bike but he is looking to rent one

Anyone have suggestions of places with good service, prices, quality etc

just a scooter not looking for a Ninja or anything,

Thanks

Your bold.If your in A large city be prepared to get squished .Um I see places that rent all over.The problem I have is they want your passport.I give them A copy or I don't rent.Many want A deposit.So just look around you'll see places

I like the guy right across from Kad Suan Keaw... Good price - you can keep your passport with a 3,000 baht deposit... And I wrecked on of his brand new Honda Clicks which scratched it up pretty bad on the side and he only charged me 600 baht... Oh and go there to rent in the late afternoon when all of the bikes from the day have been returned and you get a better selection...

And lastly tell you friend to get a international drivers license before he comes or give him a map showing him where the police station is on the river...

You may wish to take some photos (with the date imprinted) of the bike before he takes it from the shop. It's not all that common, but not unheard of, for a shop to claim previous damage on a new renter. All the auto rental places have printed forms on which you can mark previous damages when you rent a car, but it's not often that you see that in small bike rental places. Probably won't be a problem, but you can CYA if you want to be on the safe side.

Thanks guys as for doing research that is what I am doing:)  I am new to this area as well but I brought my bike with me so I never looked for rent places

this post was to see if people had some good experiences with some shops in the area, thanks for the ideas and private message and yes he would never give up his passport original and the taking

photos of the bike is a good idea as well

cheers