Food poisoning...what was that

h90

Yesterday afternoon I started to get problems, early evening I started to develop high fewer.

I had not pains in my guts, but got complete cleaned out. No problem on stomach....I drank a lot and as I drank it, it came out again.

I took coal tablets:

8 pcs

after 15 min 8 pcs

than other couple of times which I can't remember because of the fewer.

Only drank water no food or other drink.

In the night guts stopped but fewer was bad.

In the morning the fewer went away, I ate some pork soup.

Now I am OK but obviously a bit weak.

What was that? Fast development, high fewer, no pain and very fast gone (OK I might have been lucky that my body got rid of it so fast and the coal tablets bound the rest of it).

Normally it would need longer to get that bad and it would need days to get good again.

What was that?

I have no idea what it was. It was clever of you to use coal tabs as a first line of treatment.. That's what I do.

It could have been a false alarm by your immune system similar to the type of reaction people have after receiving certain vaccines. (Yellow Fever).

Watch out if this thing comes back again. Sometimes they do.

Edited by 96tehtarp

What was that?

I have no idea what it was. It was clever of you to use coal tabs as a first line of treatment.. That's what I do.

It could have been a false alarm by your immune system similar to the type of reaction people have after receiving certain vaccines. (Yellow Fever).

Watch out if this thing comes back again. Sometimes they do.

I read that in an old book. Pre-antibiotics, pre Imodium  time about treatment of diarrhea in the tropics. The used massive amount of coal tablets. It is still working :-)

Could be food poisoning. Did it come on about 3 hours after you ate?

yes but I ate various things.

Beef steak....

some fresh fruits I never ate before. By tearing off the skin it would have been easy to get some bacteria/virus inside.

I thought first that my body might just didn't like the fruits. But that wouldn't result in high fewer. Toilet problems yes, fewer no.

Short onset, severe cramps, dehydration etc is usually staph food poisoning although usually not a fever although it may feel so.

no cramps at all.

Dehydration: most probably not because I didn't loose to much water and drank a lot....stomach was OK

I am pretty sure I had fewer. But as I didn't measure it, I can't confirm it 100%

That why I think it is so unusual for me........to big of a problem to be fixed in such a short time.

It is not important as it is gone, but it is strange......

Years ago when I first came to Thailand I got food poisoning 3 times each one came about 3 hours after I ate and lasted about 3 hours and was completely gone by the next morning. I once had food poisoning in Florida that lasted for 6 plus days and was the closest to hell you would ever want to get.

Three to five hours post food, lower and/or upper evacuation - 500 mg Cypro to kick start then 500 mg every twelve hours for 24, job done, constant re hydration is key and absolutely vital, drink lots of water with something in it, flat cola works well is you can't find re hydration sachets..

• Like 1

Years ago when I first came to Thailand I got food poisoning 3 times each one came about 3 hours after I ate and lasted about 3 hours and was completely gone by the next morning. I once had food poisoning in Florida that lasted for 6 plus days and was the closest to hell you would ever want to get.

Off topic: but I had one with approx. 1 week and at the end shi**ing blood (big amounts) which could have killed me.

Reason: Dirty  food...

Garden variety food poisoning.

What does that mean? from vegetables/fruits (which I did eat)

Common or garden variety, an everyday bug , nothing unique or special about it, probably not capable of being named.