NCPO chief stresses public voices needed to find energy solutions

webfact

NCPO chief stresses public voices needed to find energy solutions
By Digital Content

14080831951093.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 15 -- Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, chief of the Army and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), gave assurances today that the Council would listen to public opinion before concluding its energy reform plan.

He aired his stance in the first meeting of the National Energy Policy Committee.

The meeting reviewed the 20-year Power Development Plan for meant implementation from 2015 to 2035.

Opening the meeting, Gen Prayuth said he would hear from public about their energy troubles and their ideas on energy reform and then the Council would design suitable public participation in the reform.

"I would like our energy development to make a new start [from] May 22. What happened before will be only acknowledged. Then there will be solutions and improvement in all issues and all dimensions... This is for maximal fairness," the NCPO chief said.

Thaioil chief executive officer Veerasak Kositpaisal said that oil consumption in Thailand would increase by 1-2 per cent this year.

He said economic recession in the first half of this year caused the consumption to rise by only 0.3 per cent during the period. He expects higher consumption in the second half of this year due to political stability and economic stimulation.

He predicted the Dubai crude price to stand at US$105.3 per barrel on average in the second half of this year.

Although military action and related unrest happened in many regions, prices were capped by soaring production outside the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), he said. (MCOT online news)

[tna]2014-08-15[/tna]

Please don't get Nuclear power.it would be an accident waiting to happen for Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

Imagine a nuclear reactor not built according to specs using substandard materials and with shoddy workmanship but still signed off on as having ' passed ' ?

NO,  I don't want to imagine !

Increase the number of cars with natural gas and increase the number of service stations. I have a toyota altis that cost 160 bahts for a full tanks and i can go about 180 klms. That is cheap!!!! it is just less than 3 cents a mile. the tesla all electric auto cost more per mile than my toyota.

No problem , ask the Chinese to extend the new Russian - Chinese gaspipeline to Thailand.

Russia has plenty of gas & oil , and open for new markets.

Then make Thailand the best place for Russian tourists , and you can pay Russia in rubles , no need for petrodollars and dependence on Myanmar.

And promote solar with cheap but good panels from China.

Please don't get Nuclear power.it would be an accident waiting to happen for Thailand.
regards Worgeordie

Imagine a nuclear reactor not built according to specs using substandard materials and with shoddy workmanship but still signed off on as having ' passed ' ?

NO,  I don't want to imagine !

Nuclear power is good as long as the plants are built by well experienced countries with the Government keeping their nose out.

Thailand is an ideal place for solar production. Prices have come down quite a bit over these few years, I'm surprise not that many factories and even homes try to use it. In places like Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan solar panels on houses are quite common and reliable. It pays for itself within 5 years I believe.