Ebola crisis: Confusion as patients vanish in Liberia

webfact

Ebola crisis: Confusion as patients vanish in Liberia

MONROVIA: -- There are conflicting reports over the fate of 17 Ebola patients who vanished after a quarantine centre in the Liberian capital Monrovia was looted.

An angry mob attacked the centre in the city's densely populated West Point township on Saturday evening.

A senior health official said all of the patients were being moved to another medical facility.

But a reporter told the BBC that 17 had escaped while 10 others were taken away by their families.

More than 400 people are known to have died from the virus in Liberia, out of a total of 1,145 deaths recorded by the World Health Organization.

Assistant Health Minister Tolbert Nyenswah said protesters had been unhappy that patients were being brought in from other parts of the capital.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28827091

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-18

They should have closed all non essential flights and access in or out of the first country hit months ago. or closed down the first and second countries when it was known the disease was crossing borders. Or maybe when it hit a third country, they could have closed the first ,second, and third. Are we up to a forth yet? starting to lose count. what's the point in having a Who.

• Like 1

If I decided to become a looter, I'm pretty sure stealing mattresses from an Ebola quarantine centre would be the very last thing I would do! blink.png

Breaking into, of all places, an Ebola quarantine center just seems like a really bad idea to begin with!

My company asked me if I'm OK with flying into an infected area last week... "With careful hygiene the risk is very low"

I would decline ,, chances are if it breaks out bigger than it allready is you are stuck there
  • Like 1

Flame removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.