Detox/fasting Programs In Bkk

kat

I want to go on a short detox/fasting program, within a supervised environment. I don't need super-luxurious or fashionable surroundings, but I do want a knowledgable, respectable place. If they offer additional body treatments such as massge and steam, all the better.

Can anyone recommend?

Hi Kat,

I went to Yahana Hospital. It's in the Naturopathic category. I can't say that it was a "pleasant" experience. :D:o I mean, ummm I think it would be impossible for it to be pleasant. :D It was tolerable and the staff were friendly. You are interviewed by the doctor before each treatment. They are knowledgeable and clean. I would highly recommend them to anyone. As for the other treatmenst available... there is a massage center just outside the hospital to the left, you will see it as you are dropped off at the doors. They do about everything at that hostpital. It was affordable as well. I will go back again when I return in August. I got about the best treatment possible, for a procedure that I absolutely hated to have done. :D

Hi Soic!

I know what you mean about "pleasant". I just did a "detoxing" at Yanhee yesterday for the first time. It's a colonic and cost 800 baht each time, and they recommend 3 times a week apart. It was very safe, and the nurse was great.

I am now on this total detox/fast kick. I want to totally cleanse my body over the next month before I go home. I'm looking for a fasting/spa-type of thing in BKK. I looked at St. Carlos Medical Spa, but they are pricey. I may just go back to Yanhee, as they were great and very cheap.

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Hi Soic!

I know what you mean about "pleasant". I just did a "detoxing" at Yanhee yesterday for the first time. It's a colonic and cost 800 baht each time, and they recommend 3 times a week apart. It was very safe, and the nurse was great.

I am now on this total detox/fast kick. I want to totally cleanse my body over the next month before I go home. I'm looking for a fasting/spa-type of thing in BKK. I looked at St. Carlos Medical Spa, but they are pricey. I may just go back to Yanhee, as they were great and very cheap.

Yes, but it's not in BKK -- but even with r/t airfare probably less than St Carlos. Health Oasis in Samui. The most experienced of the various fast/detox places on the island and located away from the crowded touristy places (and, equally importantly, away from tempting restaurants). Herbal steam sauna & 1 massage daily are part of the package. They actually manage to make the whole experience more pleasant than not. I actually enjoyed my stay there except for the colonic part & look forward to going again.

Hi Kat,

Yanhee was the one... I don't know where Yahana came from... but Yanhee was it. If I have to do it again, which I'm supposed to... I'll go there again. Good luck on the rest of the program. After I got to the colonic... I decided that was enough. I mean, I love coffee, but to have it going in both ends is just too much. :o

:o Soic, what have you started?

It's called Yanhee, and it's in Nonthaburi. It's an "international" government hospital, but known for its cosmetic surgery and ladyboy operations. I went there for their detox,and I am considering getting a 2 moles removed there by a plastic surgeon (2-3,000 baht). I hear it's where the Thai models and actors go.

Edited by kat

:o Hey... Yahana... and Yanhee look the same if you're drunk and squint your eyes. Heck they almost sound the same... Kind of like Tomatoe and Tom-ah-toe. Call me Dan Quayle...

:D Soic, what have you started?

It's called Yanhee, and it's in Nonthaburi. It's an "international" government hospital, but known for its cosmetic surgery and ladyboy operations. I went there for their detox,and I am considering getting a 2 moles removed there by a plastic surgeon (2-3,000 baht). I hear it's where the Thai models and actors go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Soic!

Yes, but it's not in BKK -- but even with r/t airfare probably less than St Carlos. Health Oasis in Samui. The most experienced of the various fast/detox places on the island and located away from the crowded touristy places (and, equally importantly, away from tempting restaurants). Herbal steam sauna & 1 massage daily are part of the package. They actually manage to make the whole experience more pleasant than not. I actually enjoyed my stay there except for the colonic part & look forward to going again.

Boy sure it feels good, to see people talk nicely about Health Oasis Resort. Just wanted to mention that the web site and email id has changed for the resort. The old one is no longer valid. For access change the url from '.com' to '.org' and you will be on the new web site.

Thanks Sheryl for putting in a good word for us.

There is an alternative to colon irrigation treatment - some Austrian doctor's diet involving a special salt and drinking lots of milk. But the laxative is so powerful that you will be housebound or you gotta buy some pamper-like nappies for adults as when you gotta go, you have less than a minute :o After one week, you will know when you are likely to feel the call of nature and can leave the house...

Tell me more! tell Me more!

There is an alternative to colon irrigation treatment - some Austrian doctor's diet involving a special salt and drinking lots of milk. But the laxative is so powerful that you will be housebound or you gotta buy some pamper-like nappies for adults as when you gotta go, you have less than a minute :o After one week, you will know when you are likely to feel the call of nature and can leave the house...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone ever heard of the Atsumi Spa in Phuket? They do the cleansing and fasting. I have never done a detox and am hoping to find someone who has done one. I am doing a 21 day fast. I understand that you should lose at least a pound a day. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?

How far is Phuket from Bangkok? Any idea what a taxi between the two cities would cost? Is this the best way to travel back and forth?

Thanks in advance for any information