Briton Arrested For Killing Thai Girlfriend

george

Read the tone of the posts on this thread.

We have a young lady dead. Thats a fact and that is sad and tragic.

We have an older man who stated he did it and attempted suicide. Thats also very sad.

I would probably guess that the old guy came to his senses and is very remorseful over what he apparently did.

But again feel the tone of the retorts, replies and comments on this thread.

All the holier than thou individuals, as usual I might add, ready to castrate, kill, hang shoot or draw and quarter the bloke.

I am not a religious person, but it sure brings to mind some at least quasi religious thoughts. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" might be one

And maybe, There but for the grace of God , go I" might be another.

Why as much venom in the posts, does it make each of us who post like that somewhat stronger or in some way superior? I kind of feel bad , because maybe someday I will find myself in such a prediciment..

I do offer my condolences to the girls family.

:o

Ok Gang .... rip me apart

AH, the voice of reason.

poor girl. Poor old fella. We live in interesting times.

[/quote

Gonzo's is the voice of compassion, a refreshing note in the hive of cynical postings I have read with despair and disbelief at the sexism and racism which seem to prevail.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-07-08 06:03:32) *

I think she deserves what she got - a lesson to all those con-artist prostitutes down in Pattaya. angry.gif

These silly old fools give all of us a bad reputation for being the same.

I sympathize with the old guy. He could have paid 10,000 baht and got away with it.

Wouldn't you do the same if someone took your life savings?

So I guess if someone didn't like your attitude and killed you, you deserved it right?

It's a bit more than attitude! If I knowingly ruined someone's life by deception, well yes I would deserve the consequences.

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-07-08 21:03:32) *

I think she deserves what she got - a lesson to all those con-artist prostitutes down in Pattaya. angry.gif

Siding with the murderer? I'm glad I'm not your Thai wife. I would hate to see what you do to Thai women when you get angry.

I've never lifted a finger at a woman in my life. If I found out that my wife had been seeing someone else or had gone out to decieve me and my family from the start for 6 years, I'd make sure she were hurt in some way, although I know this would be wrong, I am human after all. I've not quite reached the sainthood I am striving :o

Edited by Neeranam

ibsears said,

"A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long."

What would you consider the correct length of time in jail for killing someone?

How about Hanging!!! After all what does he have to offer the human race!!

Probably as much as you.

Edited by percy2

...finally! I am just disgusted by the comments made in this thread. I also noticed a high number of newbies posting. Coincidence? :o

Nope.

This was discussed awhile ago in another thread of a similar nature.

Lot's of newbies posting, because the story was emailed to to everybody. Click on the link in the email and bang, you're already in the thick of the thread.

Once you're here, you might as well add your own two cents (or 50 satangs) to the discussion, even if you are totally whacko, have absolutely no comprehension of the situation, and quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

That's why you are seeing what you are seeing. :D

26 and 62, WOW!! what was he thinking?? On the other hand I personal know of a 25 year old and a 69 year old, that have been together for six years and still going strong. It is all about attitdue, his attitude is "hel_l I can't take it with me" Hump on old DUDE!!

Age-ism, sexism, racism are the prevailing low notes of this thread. Congratulations to Gonzo and all who are introducing some compassion and sanity into the discourse.

Read the tone of the posts on this thread.

We have a young lady dead. Thats a fact and that is sad and tragic.

We have an older man who stated he did it and attempted suicide. Thats also very sad.

I would probably guess that the old guy came to his senses and is very remorseful over what he apparently did.

But again feel the tone of the retorts, replies and comments on this thread.

All the holier than thou individuals, as usual I might add, ready to castrate, kill, hang shoot or draw and quarter the bloke.

I am not a religious person, but it sure brings to mind some at least quasi religious thoughts. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" might be one

And maybe, There but for the grace of God , go I" might be another.

Why as much venom in the posts, does it make each of us who post like that somewhat stronger or in some way superior? I kind of feel bad , because maybe someday I will find myself in such a prediciment..

I do offer my condolences to the girls family.

Ok Gang .... rip me apart

AH, the voice of reason.

poor girl. Poor old fella. We live in interesting times.

Another lowlife in Pattaya bites the dust. I don't mean the girl.

:D

This is being discussed in the Pattaya Forum in this thread:

Pattaya Forum

The Pattaya City News article can be found here:

Pattaya City News

That article quite abit more detailed than The Nation's article quoted here.

dont be so hard on these good old falang criminals, there mommy obviously did'nt love them and after all pattaya is a top place for them to have a bit of fun after serving there time to society. besides what would all the girlies do without there money that they stole off me and you.

one can only eat so much rice you know and after that caviar tastes really good washed down with a few glasses of don perion at some falangs expence.

chill out and spread the love around as not all mass murders are bad people just a bit left of center .

honk if your horny and a thai godd'ess will appear from the most amazing of places. just remember to pay up and keep on smiling and dont fall in love like the good old boys.

:D:D:o:D

62-year-old Briton arrested for allegedly stabbing and killing death Thai girlfriend

PATTAYA, CHONBURI: -- Police have arrested a 62-year-old Briton for having allegedly fatally stabbed his Thai girlfriend ate Friday night.

Danny Guild was arrested on the fourth floor of Honey Inn Hotel in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 1 am Saturday.

He was subdued by police by trying to kill himself by slashing his wrist with the knife he had allegedly used to stab Chawee Pimmasri, 26.

Chawee, who was stabbed two times on her left chest and another on her right arm, died at the hospital.

Police said the man became angry after Chawee, for whom he had invested to open a beer bar in Pattaya, asked for a separation with him.

The Briton was treated for self-inflicted knife injuries before taken to the Pattaya police station.

-- The Nation 2006-07-08

...finally! I am just disgusted by the comments made in this thread. I also noticed a high number of newbies posting. Coincidence? :o

Nope.

Lot's of newbies posting, because the story was emailed to to everybody. Click on the link in the email and bang, you're already in the thick of the thread.

Once you're here, you might as well add your own two cents (or 50 satangs) to the discussion, even if you are totally whacko, have absolutely no comprehension of the situation, and quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

...that answers my (rethoric) question as I expected. Wonder how many of them will make it past 100 posts...

As I wade through the hippocrasy that these posts tend to generate...

Is it never the Farangs fault?

If a farang is killed by a Thai, the Thai is always portrayed as a money hungry farang hater, while the farang was a good, honest tax paying member of society.

If a farang kills a Thai, still the Thai is portrayed as a money hungry nair do well, and the farang wasn't responsible because it was a "crime of passion". (I've never seen anyone use the "crime of passion" defense when a Thai kills a Farang")

The guy killed another person. Put him in jail, for a long time. The same should be said for any person committing such a crime.

<snip>

AH, the voice of reason.

...finally! I am just disgusted by the comments made in this thread. I also noticed a high number of newbies posting. Coincidence? :D

look , ive been regestered for 2 years and never posted but i cant hold myself back anymore as ill have a heart attack laughing at the the good old boys who continue to think that these beautifull, georgous, sexy and incredibly feminine thai woman would posibly want to have sex with them let alone fall in love with them.

lets really get to the point and put this rubbish to bed once and for all,

in there own country they would be hard pressed to pull an old slapper let alone a young girl so why on earth do they think that they can come to thailand and crack on to a lovely young thing that is quite possibly younger than there youngest daughter.

lets make no mistakes people its the money game working at its best and we must support the thai girls as these old guys are most probably a bit insane to think that they can pull a young thai girl on without it being a business transaction.

the old dude buys her a condo and then splits back to old blighty for 9 months, she has a boyfriend, he spits the dummy and knocks her off and some people are actually trying to blame the thai girl ?

please hang on a minute whilst i have a little cry, i need to get a big pack of tissue's as i feel so bad for him.

keep it real people and please just pay the girls there money and then go away and have a few changs and a nice lay down.

only 20 years of experience speaking here but i bet i got a lot of you on my side.

loving all your work and next topic please so i can continue to log into the comedy show as im loving it.

:D:o:D:D

Nope.

...that answers my (rethoric) question as I expected. Wonder how many of them will make it past 100 posts...

So why is it that "newbies" are considered to be "not worthy". Just because one hasn't posted many times does that automatically make him/her unintelligent does it? Being a "newbie" means nothing. And lets face it, if you read many of the posts one might want to distance themselves from being "guilty by association" with some of the opinions and intellects displayed here.

I have been a member of this forum for > 2 years but posted only 2 or 3 times. Does that make my opinion not worthy?

There really have been some radical opinions given out on this topic.

What no one seems to have considered is her side of the story, and sadly we will never get to hear it. Maybe she was a bar girl and in it for the money. But perhaps also she was one of those bar girls whose boyfriends feel that they can go out and sleep with anyone they want because they're paying their missus and therefore own them? Maybe he used to hit her, or humiliate her. I am certain that someone of the more senior members on TV who live in Thailand have witnessed guys like that. I agree that the sheer weight of numbers indicates that this is a standard 'cheating thai girlfriend getting punished' scenario, but we simply do not know.

Its all too easy to just say, "she was bad and got what she deserved" Nobody deserves to be brutally stabbed to death. The guy was deranged enough to do that, what did he subject her too whilst she was alive? His comments are that he saw her out wih other men, sounds like he started working on his defence plea early, creating a case. I believe that many peoples opinions here would change if there was even the slightest alteration in the facts. I mean, how would you feel if the newspaper had said that she was about to leave him because he used to burn her with cigarrettes during s-x? Would you still be dancing in her blood?

Whether you like Thailand or not, bargirls or not, a little compassion is never a bad thing.

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

Examples:

"A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long." (member with 4 posts)

"LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY." (member with 2 posts)

"How can anyone trust a Thai when According to the Bangkok post, caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected." (member with 7 posts)

"Get a life you sad ######,s she tried it on and she lost" (member with 5 posts)

"You sad ######s she Was a TART" (same member, now with 6 posts)

"Does it really matter? She probaly got what she deserved." (member with 5 posts)

"dont be so hard on these good old falang criminals, there mommy obviously did'nt love them and after all pattaya is a top place for them to have a bit of fun after serving there time to society. besides what would all the girlies do without there money that they stole off me and you." (member with 3 posts, all in this thread)

"Are your stupid or what.The guy obviuosly planed killing this girl.and should get the death penalty." (member with 11 posts)

"this is in no way an attempt to plead the guy unguilty but anyone who lives here for a while knows how these public lady's lifestyle is.Anyone know they lie and cheat as they believe in it theirselves.But they do it in such an unprofessional way that it is easy to find out the truth.

And anyone also knows how their temper is when they are confronted with their own lies and they risk to lose the golden farang goose.

Anyone even considred that this could be an act of self-defence." (member with 14 posts)

This is just a short selection of posts made by various members with 15 or fewer posts in total.

Outrageous comments have been made by members with even more posts, even by some whose post count is in the thousands. Such comments are not limited to newbies, thought the majority of these kinds of comments do seem to come from newbie members.

There have also been some sensible comments made by newbies as well.

I believe raro's "hidden" question is, Where are all you newbies when it comes to other topics ? Why do you wait until a controversial topic like this comes up before you post ?

Pics from the Thai Rath apparantly

As can be seen the old boy certainly isnt a doddering old fool...Still quite a powerful build for a guy his age.

The tragedy is that a girl has lost her life, that is the worst of all of this...He lost his investment money out of stupidity and having unrealistic expectations. I am sure that even if someone told him that it was a bad idea to buy the bar etc...he wouldnt have listened, so he only really has himself to blame.

But no matter what, there is no excuse for taking someone elses life. It is murder irrespective of the circumstances.

post-169-1152426293_thumb.jpg

I don't believe the so called 'age gap' comes into the equation.

I reckon it's down to each persons 'pathway' in life. Good luck, bad luck and how the dice rolls.

There is an age difference in my wife and I. Iv'e just hit 68 and running around like a possum on speed. She is 44, an ex grad. and is an exec. with a Bangkok shipping co. After over 2 years of marriage, we could'nt be happier and her daughter age 10, treats me as her Dad.

My sympathies are for both these two unfortuate people in Pattaya.

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

Examples:

"A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long." (member with 4 posts)

"LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY." (member with 2 posts)

"How can anyone trust a Thai when According to the Bangkok post, caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected." (member with 7 posts)

"Get a life you sad ######,s she tried it on and she lost" (member with 5 posts)

"You sad ######s she Was a TART" (same member, now with 6 posts)

"Does it really matter? She probaly got what she deserved." (member with 5 posts)

"dont be so hard on these good old falang criminals, there mommy obviously did'nt love them and after all pattaya is a top place for them to have a bit of fun after serving there time to society. besides what would all the girlies do without there money that they stole off me and you." (member with 3 posts, all in this thread)

"Are your stupid or what.The guy obviuosly planed killing this girl.and should get the death penalty." (member with 11 posts)

"this is in no way an attempt to plead the guy unguilty but anyone who lives here for a while knows how these public lady's lifestyle is.Anyone know they lie and cheat as they believe in it theirselves.But they do it in such an unprofessional way that it is easy to find out the truth.

And anyone also knows how their temper is when they are confronted with their own lies and they risk to lose the golden farang goose.

Anyone even considred that this could be an act of self-defence." (member with 14 posts)

This is just a short selection of posts made by various members with 15 or fewer posts in total.

Outrageous comments have been made by members with even more posts, even by some whose post count is in the thousands. Such comments are not limited to newbies, thought the majority of these kinds of comments do seem to come from newbie members.

There have also been some sensible comments made by newbies as well.

I believe raro's "hidden" question is, Where are all you newbies when it comes to other topics ? Why do you wait until a controversial topic like this comes up before you post ?

So what are you saying Kerryd? A persons view is only worth listening to if they have 2000+ posts or they are in some way less qualified to comment than others? The ammount of posts one has made on this forum is no measure of there experience in Thailand, Infact i have noticed that most of the people with extremely high post counts DONT EVEN LIVE HERE. :o

My condolencies to the girls family and a small amount of sympathy for the old fool. Has it occured to anybody that if Thai law was not so ###### protectionist then foreigners could own land or businesses here in their own names. As it stands Thais are well aware we have zilch rights here and this breeds a lottery ticket mentality and we are the tickets. Anyway I suspect we are due a severe recession and Thailand will become so desperate for foreign currency that the powers that be finally give us the rights that Thais would have in many other countries.

My first thoughts also on this. Had the old guy been allowed to own the biz in his own name it's possible this would not have happened.

About the killing. She played with fire and got burned. He let his heart overrule his brain; always a mistake. If any good comes of this maybe the BG's with knowledge of this incident will understand when you &lt;deleted&gt;*k with someone and their feelings/money you may pay the ultimate price.

BTW Mr. my-wife-is Laos-not-Issan.....my wife is an Issan lady and speaks English. She is smart enough to know that speaking English is an asset. The tone of your post seems to suggest that Issan women are inferior to Lao women........

LDB

Another lowlife in Pattaya bites the dust. I don't mean the girl.

This is being discussed in the Pattaya Forum in this thread:

Pattaya Forum

The Pattaya City News article can be found here:

Pattaya City News

That article quite abit more detailed than The Nation's article quoted here.

Thanks for this link - it explains it all. Those who have not read the full story: Read it.

He bought the bar for her, and other stuff and came back to find she was seeing some other guy, then killed her, then tried very hard to kill himself. Stupid? Yes. Does it excuse the crime? In no way. However, it's good to know the whole story before making any assumptions.

I wonder what he did back in England. It's not like stabbing somebody would be the first thing most 64 year olds would think of when facing this situation...

What I don't get is how some people can say categorically that there is absolutely no way whatsoever that a woman can love a man that is 36 years her senior. Do you really believe that? That there is no way, absolutely none, in this huge country, with this infinite number of relationships going on, that such a thing can occur? To truly believe that means you've got to be about as smart as those guys you are trying to berate.

It sounds like a lot of young men feeling insecure about older guys finding true love. Its like 'I have a babe of a girlfriend because I am young and handsome, he has one because he has money and is old.' Get a grip. True love doesn't know age, race, size, wealth, weight, height or intelligence. It just is and no one can really explain it.

Before you jump to any conclusions and say that I must be drawing my pension, I'm 33.

What the guy did was wrong of course,but understandable in a way.He was conned and she knew she was conning him.You,you and you have been here a long time and know the score.It is more than possible that he was blinded by love/a chance for an exciting new life which now lies in tatters.

He broke the Law and should be punished,but will a long prison term really change a thing on this occasion?He is not the first and by God will not be the last.

LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY. YOU COME HERE AND FLASH YOUR MONEY AND THINK UR FOUND LOVE WOW YOU ARE REALLY ALL STUPID

:D:D:D Maybe your not 62 yet, but it sounds like you are telling us the reason you come here :o

What I don't get is how some people can say categorically that there is absolutely no way whatsoever that a woman can love a man that is 36 years her senior. Do you really believe that? That there is no way, absolutely none, in this huge country, with this infinite number of relationships going on, that such a thing can occur? To truly believe that means you've got to be about as smart as those guys you are trying to berate.

It sounds like a lot of young men feeling insecure about older guys finding true love. Its like 'I have a babe of a girlfriend because I am young and handsome, he has one because he has money and is old.' Get a grip. True love doesn't know age, race, size, wealth, weight, height or intelligence. It just is and no one can really explain it.

Before you jump to any conclusions and say that I must be drawing my pension, I'm 33.

This has to be one of the more sensible replies to many of the posts on this topic.

Out of the tens of thousands of successful mixed relationships in this land, mostly farang man-Thai woman, it takes but one tragic incident for many people to generalize that all these relationships are phony simply because some people assume that ALL Thai women involved with a farang see farang men as walking ATM's.

This is just not so.

Granted there are some bizarre looking couples walking around and ,yes, many men come here and find a woman much younger and attractive and think they are Brad Pitt just because she will walk around with him. Many men just don't do their homework before they come here and get involved .

Most Thai women see beneath the veneer of appearance to the "jai dee" character of many men. They want someone to take care of them and it's usually a mutual thing.

In this sad and tragic case, a 62 year old man spending 9 months of the year in England and expecting his 26 year old bar girlfriend /bar manager to be faithful is stretching it a bit.

Pattaya does not always bring out the best in people to begin with.

The saying "A fool and his money are soon parted" is still very true!

Generalizing about age gaps offends all those to whom age is irrelevant. Every individual relationship has it's merits.

Edited by ratcatcher

Vey sad indeed. Obviously a 20 something Thai girl is with a 60 something year old farang man for the money, but can anyone truthfully say that haven't made a mistake that was obvious to everyone else?

I am sure there is a lesson to learn from this incident, but I don't really know what it is.

i'm not denying that a younger girl can fall for an older man,but you cannot deny that there are thai ladies who have given up looking for romance & just want to be taken care of financially.

i just think that the guys that have been around the block a few times would be extra wary of this.

i'm not denying that a younger girl can fall for an older man,but you cannot deny that there are thai ladies who have given up looking for romance & just want to be taken care of financially.

i just think that the guys that have been around the block a few times would be extra wary of this.

I agree 100%. It seems most likely in the case in question that he was taken for a ride by a less than scrupulous woman, and both have paid a price for their stupidity. I don't think anything you or I say here will have much affect on such a character when he first gets off the plane and ventures onto walking street, do you? Lets just hope it does.....

I just feel that so many people here are very quick to jump on the 'stupid old man, dirty cheating hoe' band wagon. I can imagine that if you were an older man in love with a younger woman the continual bombardment would become very tiresome and perhaps cause some negativity in their relationships. I am certain such continual messages would begin to affect me over time.

I just think all people, both old and young, thai and falang deserve a little more respect than they get from some members on TV. We are all so radically different, thats what makes life and TV so interesting.