Murder-kidnap suspect arrested in Phuket, 8 years on

webfact

Murder-kidnap suspect arrested in Phuket, 8 years on
Eakkapop Thongtub

1408448918_1-org.jpg
Somkiet in custody last night, with his captors.

PHUKET: -- A man wanted for kidnapping a young girl eight years ago in Nakhon Sri Thammarat and for having a hand in murdering someone else was arrested yesterday evening (August 18) in Patong.

Police led by Kathu police chief Col Jirapat Pochanapan arrested Somkiet Rawungwong, 27, the beach road near the Absolute Sea Pearl Hotel.

Pol Lt Col Suthichai Tienpo said that the arrest warrant for Somkiet cited charges that he was an accomplice in first degree murder and, separately, kidnapping the young girl over 15 but under 18.

The girl, Col Suthichai explained, had run away with Somkiet, but her parents persisted in pressing charges for abduction regardless of her willingness to go with him.

“The authorities over there [in Nakhon Sri Thammarat] have been looking for him since 2006,” Col Suthichai said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/murder-kidnap-suspect-arrested-in-phuket-8-years-on-47948.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-20

I always wonder why undercover police go on the picture for the media...

Also wondering why the suspect has a head wound...?

Me too, and I wonder why the undercover guys just look like criminals too.

They take turns sitting on that chair, if they get tired. tongue.png

They're clearly not undercover police, why do you think they are?

There is a difference between plain-clothed officers and undercover police.

So 8 years ago he was 19 and she was 16, 17 or 18. She left with him willingly and this is kidnapping? Now he is also an accomplice to a murder which means anything from being an unintended witness who was afraid to speak up to an armed getaway driver,

Labelling this potential innocent (possibly only guilty of love and fear) as a kidnapper/accompliss in murder is a melodramatic shame perpetrated for self serving interests of at least 3 other parties.

The word "railroad" comes to mind.

So 8 years ago he was 19 and she was 16, 17 or 18. She left with him willingly and this is kidnapping? Now he is also an accomplice to a murder which means anything from being an unintended witness who was afraid to speak up to an armed getaway driver,

Labelling this potential innocent (possibly only guilty of love and fear) as a kidnapper/accompliss in murder is a melodramatic shame perpetrated for self serving interests of at least 3 other parties.

The word "railroad" comes to mind.

• Like 1

Me too, and I wonder why the undercover guys just look like criminals too.

If you wanted to work as an undercover cop, would it be better to look like a cop or look like a criminal?