What is the most generous thing you have seen someone do in Thailand?

neverdie

As a follow up to my previous thread about, What's the most stingiest thing you've seen someone do in Thailand, I thought I would follow with this.

Please tell us what the most generous thing you have seen someone do in Thailand?

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I'll kick this off with a low ball so that bar is set low and can easily be ascended.

A few years ago, I was in Pattaya, buying some stuff in the '7' on Beach Road.

The 7 employee short changed me Bt 20 ... she picked the wrong target.

Some argy bargy.

The customer behind me, lady, maybe early thirties, street clothes, not Bar clothes (I think we know the difference) ... enquired in not bad English what the problem was.

She offered to give me the Bt 20 that the 7 employee had short changed me.

I learnt, in hindsight about Thai Face, some kindness.

Was the customer behind me in a hurry ... who knows, but not the impression I got.

There you go K ND ... the Bar in Pattaya is set very low!

Years ago a maid stole an item worth about $400 US. I suspected her and asked if she had seen it. She said no. I said good, because I'm going to go to the police.

The next day the item miraculously showed up in my room. She had returned it and not told me!

Well, that's it, the most generous thing I've ever seen in LOS, returning stolen property after a threat of police involvement. So I didn't even clear David's bar!

Not too many stories today, nobody remembers the good things heh ?

Or not many generous things happened to them. I liked it when my bike broke down and others stopped to help. might sound normal to some but i found it great. Saved me a lot of trouble.

• Like 1

ok i'll give another example.A russian chick pulled up to a bar i was having a lunchtime drink in,she did n't look well ,collapsed on a table a whiter shade of pale,and the thai ladies behind the bar came to her assistance,towelled her face down with one of those ice towels they keep in the fridge.After she recovered sufficiently,they organised a taxi to take her to her hotel,left the bike at the bar.I remembered at the time how kind and attentive the thai ladies had been.

I'll kick this off with a low ball so that bar is set low and can easily be ascended.

A few years ago, I was in Pattaya, buying some stuff in the '7' on Beach Road.

The 7 employee short changed me Bt 20 ... she picked the wrong target.

Some argy bargy.

The customer behind me, lady, maybe early thirties, street clothes, not Bar clothes (I think we know the difference) ... enquired in not bad English what the problem was.

She offered to give me the Bt 20 that the 7 employee had short changed me.

I learnt, in hindsight about Thai Face, some kindness.

Was the customer behind me in a hurry ... who knows, but not the impression I got.

There you go K ND ... the Bar in Pattaya is set very low!

She wasn't kind, she wanted you to lose face .

The cop that stopped me on the toll road through Bangkok. Accused me of speeding and using the wrong lane. He tells my missus the fine is 4,000B but he will accept 2,000B cash to save the trouble of taking my licence and having to find the police station to pay the fine etc.

I listen uninterestedly as she tries to bargain him down with no luck. Then I don my shades (he had his on), tell him I've lived here for a few years and know a few friendly policemen in Pattaya that I regularly play pool with, gimme the fine and take my license, no problem. The standard "fine" in Patts is 300B, take it or leave it, and by the way I wasn't speeding or using the wrong lane anyway. Then I lit a smoke and offered him one, which he accepted.

Thirty seconds later he got a call from the toll gate chick to say that another Farang was coming through in a black Vigo. He gave me a sawat-dee-khrup and waved me on.

To this day I'm not sure if he saved me 300B, 2,000B, or 4,000B......but a generous soul, nonetheless.

Years ago a thai friend of mine took me to meet some other friends of hers (this was in Bangkok). Well, where we went could be consider nothing more than a Slum ....no roads, just alleys and planks, the places where most lived look like temporary workers sheds with corrugated tin roofs, although some were the old thai wooden houses you see in the country and some even had concrete block for walls. When we were leaving one old women (at least 80) invited Us into her home (well, onto her porch where she was sitting) as she had never seen a farang in the area before. I tried to beg off gracefully but she wouldn't let me. It was some kind of honor for her to host a farang in her home (or so my friend told me).She couldn't walk so when she offered me something to drink and eat she motioned toward her refrigerator. Inside was some water and an apple (That was It!)....my friend I was with indicated to me that I couldn't refuse as such would be an insult to her. She had basicly offered me the last of her food, Her kindness was something I never experienced in the west and I wanted to help (give her a little money) ....again my friend said that would also insult her and that I shouldn't.

Lovely story, thanks for sharing !

I can't like as the mods have stolen all my likes....and my thread. ?

• Like 1

David, Is it the left or the right ball, that is low?

I'm not sure about low balls.....I think missfarmgirl mentioned something about a short pecker......it gives the perception of low balls :P

Self deleted, before it's taken out by unseen forces.

NO, the law says, you can't just remove, you must notify.

I shall expedite my legal counsel & notify the BIB. :(

Is this what they call cyber crime? I feel so violated. ?

Or not many generous things happened to them. I liked it when my bike broke down and others stopped to help. might sound normal to some but i found it great. Saved me a lot of trouble.

My bicycle tire exploded (I have no repair kit), somebody from a shop tried to fix it, failed, so got his employee to drive me on his motorcycle (me carrying my bicycle on the side) to the nearest repair shop.

Hmmmmm, the most generous, well overall I think the most generous thing must be me..............laugh.png

examples please, tranny am.

Weeeeeeell, I blew most of my dosh taking a family out of poverty with a smile, I accept anyone, rich, poor, Thai, farang as a friend, unless they fugg me about, and they have the pleasure of hearing me sing...................w00t.gif ...........on many occasions............laugh.png

My bicycle tire exploded (I have no repair kit), somebody from a shop tried to fix it, failed, so got his employee to drive me on his motorcycle (me carrying my bicycle on the side) to the nearest repair shop.

Practically generous, nice.

Hmmmmm, the most generous, well overall I think the most generous thing must be me..............laugh.png

Weeeeeeell, I blew most of my dosh taking a family out of poverty with a smile, I accept anyone, rich, poor, Thai, farang as a friend, unless they fugg me about, and they have the pleasure of hearing me sing...................w00t.gif ...........on many occasions............laugh.png

I thought it would be the amount of lives you have saved with your tyre pressure advice.

• Like 1

I thought it would be the amount of lives you have saved with your tyre pressure advice.

Never thought of that, you could be right mon ami............thumbsup.gif

LOL. How in earth did I miss that?

Don't you hate it when so e douchebag starts a thread that's only just be done. What idiot started this one ? ???

I was in a market dirt car park and got stuck in a dust rut tried backing up and going forward but could not get out, then from nowhere about 6 young Thai guys started pushing my car out and just waved me on when I tried to thank them