Recommendation For Good Tailor In Phuket

taupo67

Hi everyone,

Spending some R n R in Phuket at the end of a tour of South East Asia and looking to get a couple of suits made up.

Could anyone recommend a decnt tailor in the Pating area, and a rough price for a couple of half decent suits.

Many Thanks

STEVE

Hi everyone,

Spending some R n R in Phuket at the end of a tour of South East Asia and looking to get a couple of suits made up.

Could anyone recommend a decnt tailor in the Pating area, and a rough price for a couple of half decent suits.

Many Thanks

STEVE

Most of the tailor shops in Phuket act as front men for back street sweat shops. Doesn't matter what you order, you'll likely to get ripped off and the garmant will fall to bits after a very short time anyway. Wait till you get back home and buy from a real tailor :o

haven't used any tailors here .... but I have in BKK and Hua Hin ... and got great stuff at a fair price .... look around ... do some real shopping ...

but I am interested inhearing back from folks ... I want to have a fewdress shirts made!

About 2/3 of the way down Ruamjai Road (Soi Holiday Inn) just after Grand Tropicana is a tailor who I bought a suit off about 2 years ago and I have recommended him to maybe a dozen people since then who have all been pretty happy with his stuff. I don't recall the price but it wasn't expensive.

Go to Peter Tailor on Soi Post Office, Patong Beach (the soi next to MacDonald's). By far the best. Uses only real authentic material, unlike the others.

I paid 4,000 baht for my 1st suit, of course it didn't last me very long ! My last one I bought from Peter Tailor cost me a bit more but well worth it, worn it many times and its still like new.

• 9 months later...
Most of the tailor shops in Phuket act as front men for back street sweat shops. Doesn't matter what you order, you'll likely to get ripped off and the garmant will fall to bits after a very short time anyway. Wait till you get back home and buy from a real tailor :o

Is that all there is on here. Two? And both in patong?

Any one know any others? Guess if i have to go to pong then i will, but would prefer Phuket Town if any one knows a good place.

Most of the tailor shops in Phuket act as front men for back street sweat shops. Doesn't matter what you order, you'll likely to get ripped off and the garmant will fall to bits after a very short time anyway. Wait till you get back home and buy from a real tailor :D

I am back home. In Phuket !