Recommendations for a resort within 3hrs of Chiang Mai

intel4004

I'm looking for recommendations for a resort in the Chiang Mai area or within 2-3 hrs of Chiang Mai. Must be wheelchair / walking aid friendly or as much as possible within the context of Thailand.

Before anyone mentions I have looked at Panviman but would like to hear of alternatives.

Many thanks :)

Not a resort but worth mentioning here I think for people with disabilities. There is a small hotel near the bus station which has totally western standard disability access walk in bathrooms and only costs 450baht.(sign says 390 but that is non aircon) It originally was built built by a Scot to full standard but unfortunately he died soon after it was built. It is still well run though. Panniya appartment.. The have two fully accessible rooms

I am mentioning this because there is such a shortage of fully accessible rooms. Most say they are but are not really accessible.

Put this in google map and check streetview Soi Thung Hotel 5 Tambon Wat Ket, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50000

• Like 1

Panviman is not wheelchair / walking aid friendly resort. It is built on a mountain side. Most of the rooms are only accessible by stairs unless to stay in one of the villas. Granted there are vehicles provided to take you around the resort but still there are allot of stairs and steep climbs.

slide1.jpg

But still a beautiful resort.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All I'm getting is rates of 5k Bt :(

Try Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows next door to Chiang Dao Nest. I think they have ground level bungalows. Great owner. Google for website.

Looks good for me but a bit short on spa features for her.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All I'm getting is rates of 5k Bt sad.png

Try Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows next door to Chiang Dao Nest. I think they have ground level bungalows. Great owner. Google for website.

No mention of spa in OP

All I'm getting is rates of 5k Bt sad.png

No mention of spa in OP

It does not look as if the resturaunt is very accessible but then I guess he did not say he wanted to eat in the OP.