non o marriage visa from laos

There are lots of reports on this forum about getting them at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

You just need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card, No financial proof is asked for.

• Like 1

across the road from the consulate the people/agents there will fill in an application form, photocopy your recently obtained laos visa in your pp [needed with you application] and check everything is correct for 50 baht. but make sure you too check what they've applied for as last time they incorrectly put in 'single non-o' which wasn't what i wanted.

that was at the old consulate not sure if the new consulate is open yet.

There are lots of reports on this forum about getting them at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

You just need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card, No financial proof is asked for.

Ubonjoe - sorry to trouble you - quick question about the marriage certificate. Mine is a UK certificate. Do you know if that will be acceptable or is the consulate in Savannakhet likely to require a Thai translation?

so am i right to say they dont need the house book just a copy is ok

across the road from the consulate the people/agents there will fill in an application form, photocopy your recently obtained laos visa in your pp [needed with you application] and check everything is correct for 50 baht. but make sure you too check what they've applied for as last time they incorrectly put in 'single non-o' which wasn't what i wanted. that was at the old consulate not sure if the new consulate is open yet.

any idea on what time in the morning this place open please

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so am i right to say they dont need the house book just a copy is ok

A copy is good enough. Just make sure your wife signs the copy ( and her ID )

across the road from the consulate the people/agents there will fill in an application form, photocopy your recently obtained laos visa in your pp [needed with you application] and check everything is correct for 50 baht. but make sure you too check what they've applied for as last time they incorrectly put in 'single non-o' which wasn't what i wanted. that was at the old consulate not sure if the new consulate is open yet.

any idea on what time in the morning this place open please

If I remember correctly, 9am ( Savannakhet ). Make sure to hand in your application before 11am, so you can pick it up in the afternoon....at 3pm I think.

Edit:

Read this thread. It should have all the info ( current ) you need.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/

Edited by NiwPix

I was there last month and did not need a copy of my Laos visa.

I downloaded the application form from here before I started my journey, there is a link somewhere, and did it myself. Not a difficult thing to do. Only 50 baht I know but that could be spent on a nice cold Beer Lao.